Forsyth Long Range Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

semtav

Re: Forsyth Long Range Match

Post by semtav »

Thanks Kenny
About everything I'm doing has been gleaned off you and a few others on this site over the years
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Brian,

I am glad that some of my stuff was helpful that’s the highest praise a shooter can have.

Kenny W.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

Good grief Brian, that's some great shooting....Don't you just love those awesome dirty looking cases!!!
semtav

Post by semtav »

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that was the missing ingredient !! :lol:
semtav

Post by semtav »

If the weather forecasters are correct and this weather pattern holds, we will be having a long range match on Saturday the 6th at 1:00.
semtav

Post by semtav »

It was Nice to have a few good days so we could have a match, after a 3 month layoff !! Evidently more than a few people were ready to get out as we had quite a few out of town guests. Made for a much more fun match and was great to see everyone again .

..........................................800...................900.....................1000..........................total

Group 1

Relay 1
Linda Clendenen......................9......................5.........................2..........................16
Ron Vanden Brink.....................9......................4.........................5..........................18
George Jordan........................7......................9.........................5..........................21 4th (Scope)
Al Kajin................................5......................3.........................0...........................8
Deith Allies............................8......................6.........................5..........................19

Relay 2
Butch Clendenen......................7......................5.........................6...........................18
Dave Vanden Brink....................7.....................8..........................4...........................19
Elwyn Brunner.........................10.....................3.........................8...........................21 3rd
Claudia Kajin..........................6......................7.........................4...........................17 Top Lady

Group 2

Relay 1
Dave Gamble..........................7....................10.........................6............................23 2nd
John Miller.............................6.....................6..........................2............................14
Randy Stenerson......................7.....................5..........................1............................13

Relay 2
Brian Schwend.........................8....................8...........................10..........................26 MW
Paul Dowell.............................7....................5............................7..........................19
Ed Schleichardt........................8....................8............................4..........................20 (Scope)
Mike Caprata..........................6....................5............................2...........................13

1200 Yd buffalo

Linda C..............4
Ron V.................5
George J.............5
Elwyn B...............6 MW
Deith A...............5
Randy S..............3

Butch C..............1
Dave V...............4
Ed S..................2
Paul D................2
Dave G...............5
Mike C...............1
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

We had a wonderful day on the Quigley flat. There was a great turnout. Butch and Linda made a trip over from South Dakota as well as some Wyoming friends. Looking forward to next month.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Weather permitting, next Saturday April 3rd, we will be holding our monthly Long Range Match.
I talked to Wes, the other match director and we are going to add a little more to the match.
Weather and time permitting, we are going to leave open the option of holding a second 30 shot match after the first.

This will give those traveling, more shooting for their traveling time and
those of us that want to try more than one rifle or just get more practice under match conditions the ability to do so.

Altho we aren't eliminating it------ yet, I've never been a big fan of the 1200 yd side match and that may be a future option.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

I like the idea of shooting two matches! Problem is I'm usually exhausted after the match. Could you allow time between matches for a nap?
semtav

Post by semtav »

Well I guess you could nap while they are shooting the 1200 yard match and painting the targets.
semtav

Post by semtav »

A couple of the veterans took us youngsters to school today !!!! Gary Campbell won the first match, and Ed Schleichardt won the second match. Wish I could give more details, but all I remember is a nice steady wind from our left rear quarter and then we started the match. the rest was a blur of devilish winds and lots of knob twisting, up and down, left and right, to and fro and back and forth and suddenly someone called last shot and it was over. And then some sadistic individual said, " that was so much fun lets try it again, and we did !!!

Match 1

Group 1
Relay 1
...................................800..........................900........................1000..............Total
Kim Williams....................6..............................3...........................2..................11
Pat Derenburger...............8..............................4...........................1..................13
Dex Hight.......................5..............................2...........................0...................7
Claudia Kajin...................4..............................4...........................0...................8

Relay 2
Deith Allies....................6...............................5...........................3..................14
Brian Schwend................7...............................4...........................3..................14
George Jordan................2...............................4...........................1....................7 Scope
Al Kajin.........................6..............................5............................2...................13

Group 2
Relay 1

John Miller.....................5................................4...........................2.................11
Butch Clendenen.............6................................4...........................3.................13
Mike Caprata..................4................................2...........................0..................6
Trent Pfaffinger...............7................................5...........................3.................15

Relay 2

Ed Schleichardt...............7................................3...........................3.................13 Scope
Linda Clendenen..............8...............................5............................3.................16 High Lady
Gary Campbell.................6................................8............................4................18 MW
Glen Kapitzke.................3................................3............................3..................9

Match 2

Relay 1
John Miller....................6................................5............................2.....................13
Linda Clendenen............4................................5............................1.....................10
Dex Hight.....................2................................2............................X used up all ammo!!
Brian Schwend...............5................................6............................3.....................14

Ed Schleichardt............8..................................8.............................5....................21 MW Scope
Butch Clendenen..........4..................................4.............................6....................14
Pat Derenburger............4.................................7.............................7....................18

Thanks to all that made the match fun !!!
semtav

Post by semtav »

Well DD, it's not Lodi, But I bet everyone had fun !!!!!
Congratualtions to Wes, (Note that 900 yd score) !!!
I think Kim was trying out that new DD bullet he just got for his 110.

-----------------------------800---------------900------------1000-----------Total
Dave Gamble--------------10-----------------5----------------4---------------19
Gene Gamble---------------5-----------------3----------------2---------------10
Randy Stenerson-----------7-----------------5----------------7---------------19
Linda Clendenen-----------5-----------------4----------------4---------------13
Deith Allies-----------------4-----------------5----------------4---------------13
Elwyn Brunner--------------5-----------------4----------------3---------------12 Scope

Gary Campbell-------------7-----------------5----------------1---------------13
Wes Gamble---------------7-----------------10---------------5---------------22 MW
Mike Caprata--------------4------------------6---------------1---------------11
Butch Clendenen----------2------------------6---------------1----------------9
Kim Williams--------------6------------------7---------------3----------------16
Dex Hight------------------4------------------2---------------1----------------7

1200 yd Buffalo

Gene 2
Butch 1
Deith 1
Elwyn 2

Wes 2
Dave 2
Gary 3
Linda 0
Dex 2
semtav

Post by semtav »

Looks like another Match is in the books !!
Dave took Top honors in irons and the Match Win, and Gene got thetop Scope Honors.
Rumor has it Gene would of cleaned up on everyone but had a hard time remembering which way to turn the knobs on his new scope !!
Ray and family made it out from Illinois. Pretty sure it is his second trip out, but don't have my records with me to verify.
Claudia squeeked by Lori in a tiebreaker for top lady shooter, and Wes got the top honors on the 1200 yd buffalo.

Name----------------------------800--------------900-------------1000------------total
Rick Smith-----------------------7-----------------5-----------------1---------------13
Claudia Kajin--------------------6-----------------2-----------------5---------------13
Dex Hight------------------------1-----------------2-----------------1---------------4 Scope
Gene Gamble--------------------7-----------------8-----------------2---------------17 Scope
Dave Gamble--------------------8-----------------5-----------------5---------------18 MW
Deith Allies----------------------4-----------------5-----------------3---------------12

Lori Keller-----------------------5------------------6-----------------2---------------13
Al Kajin--------------------------3------------------1-----------------1---------------5 Scope
Elwyn Brunner-------------------6------------------1-----------------1---------------8
Wes Gamble---------------------5------------------7-----------------5--------------17
Gary Campbell------------------6------------------8-----------------1---------------15
Ray-------------------------------3------------------1-----------------4---------------8

Buffalo
Deith---------0
Gene---------1
Dave---------3
Ray-----------1
Dex----------1
Wes----------4
Gary---------0
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

Is there a long range match this Saturday? I haven't heard if Al shut things down because of the fire danger.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Wes just texted me tonight wondering about not having it I kind of agreed with him. I can't make it anyway. they are canceling it cuz of the heat and fire danger.