Friendship November 2018

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship November 2018

Post by Woody »

It's all over but the crying. The last match in Friendship for the 2019 season is in the books. What a cold one. Friday dawned in the low thirties and might have risen to the high thirties by the end of the day. Saturday was more of the same. Did I mention that it was cold? Sunday, dawned with no frost on the pumpkin and by the end of the match it got into the low sixties. A wonderful day. The score sure didn't reflect the beautiful day though.

At Friday's .22 match 17 shooters braved the weather and did their best.

Steve Farringer bested the 6 modern shooters with a respectable 32, with John Hayes second shooting a 31, and new shooter Sandra Pool in only her second .22 match posting a 30.

The 11 traditional shooters vied for the best with Joe Hill posting a 32, Steve Decker was 2nd with a 31, and Woody bringing in third with a 30.

Saturday's silhouette match attended by 27 shooters braving the cold. Light twitchy tail winds ruled the day and caused numerous pulling of hair and gnashing of teeth. the results are listed below.

Iron Sight

Master
1st Jim Radcliffe-25
2nd Marshall Chase-26

AAA
1st Russel Nelson-23
2nd Grant Brown-22
3rd Jim Perin-14

AA
1st Steve Callaway-19

A/B
1st Earl Lewis-6

Scope Sight
Match Winner - Keith Ux-29

Master
1st Mel Barnell-26
2nd Bob Johnson-22
3rd Woody-21

AAA
Steve Farringer-29
Don Guthrie-23
Mike Hoke-23

AA
1st Tim Gifford-24
2nd Gary Thurmon-23
3rd Joe Fortkamp-2

A/B
1st Rick Gardner-23
2nd Lora Parks-17

Sunday was much nicer!!!! 26 shooters returned

Match winner was visiting Michigan shooter Steve Decker with a 28

Iron Sight
Master

1st Marshall Chase-16

AAA
1st Russel Nelson-24
2nd Grant Brown-21
3rd Jim Perin-16

AA
1st Steve Callaway-19
Earl Lewis-14

A/B
1ST Earl Lewis-14

Scope
Master
1st Mel Barnell-25
2nd Woody-22

AAA
1st Don Guthrie-27
2nd Steve Farringer-25
3rd Keith Ux-24

AA
1st Gary Thurman-27
2nd Joe Fortkamp-26
3rd Jim W. Davis-17

A/B
1st Rick Gardner-24
2nd Lora Parks-17

Thats all folks

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Aviator

Re: Friendship November 2018

Post by Aviator »

Sure felt to me like in was in the 20's on Saturday morning! Brrrrrr... Thank goodness I remembered to take my insulated coveralls.

But I sure had a great time!

This match brings a close to my first year of shooting black powder, and competing in BPCR Silhouette and Target Rifle.
Many thanks to the folks at Friendship who took an interest in seeing that I got a good start in Silhouette!