Smithmoor January 22's

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Smithmoor January 22's

Post by jackrabbit »

Shooters and friends, .22 Match January 2020

I sincerely hope that my work schedule may finally be slowing down some. I apologize for not getting the match writeup out sooner, but sometimes you can only cram so many things into a 24 hour day. Our January match was a big success with lots of great shooting. The weather was fair for this time of year, we had a nearly full house, and we had a bit of a flea market/swap shop going on. Maybe we will try to make January each year our swap shop month. I hope everybody had fun and was able to take home some good deals they could use.

Mom and Dad were out of town visiting my brother and his family, so Coralee and I had to run things by ourselves. Thank goodness Coralee's Mom, Beverly, pitched in a helped out more than she usually does. She whipped up some super chicken and noodles with real mashed potatoes and apple bars for desert. There was a pile of other goodies brought in by a bunch of folks that were really enjoyed. Thanks everyone for all the great food!

For a fifth station, I thought I had a great idea. I had a trash barrel full of old bowling pins and I thought it would be fun to shoot them. It worked pretty well until the wind came up. We shot them at 80 yards offhand with 21 of them on the rail. I was surprised how well the 22 would knock them off. Anyway, it was lots of fun until about mid day when the wind really picked up and they would not stay standing. Most of the afternoon shooters elected to not even try as they would all blow over before one could get back to the firing line. Of those that did get to shoot them, Cecil Sauer shot super and knocked over all 21 within the 8 minutes of shooting time. Tom Reed was high 2nd class with 13 hits. Great shooting fellas and we'll have to try it again when we know the wind won't blow.

Gavin Holmes was our A class winner this month with a super 21. We had not seen Gavin for awhile and we always look forward to seeing him, his sister and grandpa make it out. Regardless of class or size of match, I am not sure I have seen a more pleased winner than I did when Keith Kelly won AA class with a 28. Keith has been steadily improving lately and it is fun to see him have some success. Great job Keith! AAA saw long time AAA competitor Joe Kapler take the win for the last time. Joe Shot a solid 32 for his 3rd master score and will be in master class starting next month. Good job Joe.

Super shooter Cole Sauer took home a clean prone pin and 1st place master class this month, while Jim Rodebaugh also cleaned the prone targets and smacked 4 chickens to be 1st Grand Master. Jim was tied with his spotter Mark Pachares with 34's, but the match ran late and we elected to settle it with reverse animal count, leaving Mark with the Match Winner Pin! Great shooting fellas, it is pretty darn cool to see a team tie for the match win. This was also the last match that Mark will be shooting in Master class. This was his 3rd GM score and will move him into Grand Master class next month. Yahooo!!

Saturday, February 15th will be our February match. With the changing of the dates and it being Valentines Weekend, it looks to be a bit smaller of a match. There is room for your Valentine if you want to bring them! This will be the first month of our 22 BPTR promotion that is sponsored by Dick Hennebry. We will shoot 22 BPTR targets for our fifth station in February, March, and April and track the scores to award a season winner at the Season Finale Match in April. Bring your A game, it's going to be fun! Hope to see you there.
take care, Cody

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place

Grand Master
Jack Odor 5 10 9 9 33
Jim Rodebaugh 4 10 10 10 34 1st
Michael Rix 4 10 8 9 31
Cody Smith 3 10 7 9 29

Master
Bill Acklin 0 10 9 10 29
Steve Anderson 0 10 8 8 26
Mark Pachares 6 10 10 8 34 MW moves to GM next match
Cecil Sauer 1 10 7 9 27
Cole Sauer 1 10 10 10 31 1st
Coralee Smith 0 10 10 7 27
Kenny Wasserburger 3 10 9 6 28
Bryan Youngberg 2 10 9 9 30

AAA
JD Farmer 3 10 10 8 31
Ed Himelhoch 1 7 8 3 19
Joe Kapler 4 10 9 9 32 1st and moves to M next match
Tom Reed 2 10 8 7 27
Joshua Tangeman 1 10 8 10 29
James Sedman 2 10 8 7 27

AA
Dick Hennebry 1 9 9 6 25
Dick Farmer 1 10 5 8 24
Chase Sauer 0 9 6 10 25
Keith Sebern 1 7 2 3 13
Mary Zang 2 8 6 5 21
Keith Kelly 1 10 10 7 28 1st

A
Gavin Holmes 0 9 4 8 21 1st
Mike Roduner 0 4 4 8 16
Don Womer 1 5 7 4 17
stevewhr

Re: Smithmoor January 22's

Post by stevewhr »

Nice write up Cody, but could you edit the report to reflect my score a little higher? Like about 10 points higher?!
wyomingsightdrifter.com