USIMLT Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Don McDowell

Re: USIMLT Match

Post by Don McDowell »

Ok so these weren’t bonus point targets
Who knew?😂
05300675-B865-4BC4-9DA7-CE131FFA24AD.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Dennis Armistead

Post by Dennis Armistead »

Don McDowell wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:51 am Ok so these weren’t bonus point targets
Who knew?😂05300675-B865-4BC4-9DA7-CE131FFA24AD.jpeg
Don, I see you took that photo when the wind was calm. The wind flags are only at full value. :D
Dennis
Experience trumps intelligence every time.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Yup just trying to prove the wind doesn’t move the flags
Raymond Hanson

Post by Raymond Hanson »

For those of you thinking this is a heads up cartridge versus muzzleloader match there are a few things that need to be pointed out. The USIMLT Nationals are held for muzzleloaders. It is our Nationals. All muzzleloaders must compete under the rules of the MLAIC. Which means NO coaching. NO cross sticks. Limited sighters which are convertible. We must use a sling only in the MR portion and sling and/or wrist rest in the LR portion. Meanwhile the cartridge shooters are using cross sticks for a rest at all ranges and are able to coach each other. It is not an apples to apples match. There was some fine shooting done by both disciplines but it is not an apples to apples match. When examining scores that should be remembered. Raymond Hanson
BFD

Post by BFD »

If you are interested in apples to apples, look for the Oak Ridge match later this month. Cartridge and muzzleloaders will be shot with the same rules. Last year the muzzleloaders won.
Raymond Hanson

Post by Raymond Hanson »

I am not particularily interested in apples to apples. But people who are should be aware of the differences in a combined match. Raymond
BFD

Post by BFD »

I like the apples to apples actually. It has historical context.
Raymond Hanson

Post by Raymond Hanson »

Are you guys still doing "do overs" at Oak Ridge? Raymond
BFD

Post by BFD »

No Ray, you can denigrate OR all you want, but you don't even know what's happening there.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

It was great fun at this triple crown match. I sure hope folks are giving consideration to coming next year. It’s well worth the drive when you consider 9 days os shooting with all but one day that will account for 40 rounds a day. The odd day out is the 20 round 1000 yard team match.
The Wickenburg Highschool rifle team the USIMLT people hire for target pullers do a great job.
Ed Decker and Greg Burri did a good job running the matches.
Blending the two disciplines isn’t something we normally see, but it works out well.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Do Overs ? Do Overs ? Raymond, would you please explain what constitutes a Do Over ? :? :?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Raymond Hanson

Post by Raymond Hanson »

Zack Oak Ridge used to allow a fixed time. 1.5 hours per relay as I remember. But you could start over as many times as you liked as long as you did not run out of time. If you did not like your first score of even the second as long as you did not run out of time you could "do over". I did not think that speaking of the rules at Oak Ridge was denigrating the match. BFD seems to be a bit sensitive in that regard. That was the way the matches were run when I was there. I experienced "do overs" first hand. But that has been at least 10 years. It was a nice range and an enjoyable match. But only 10 shots at LR. I understand that the format has changed some and was only wondering about the "do overs". Raymond
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

There was some fine shooting done by both disciplines but it is not an apples to apples match.
Those of us who were there realized that the muzzle loaders were in some really challenging wind conditions shooting under their rules. We weren't in a us vs them mind set at all. What Ray said is true - compare the scores within the two categories and not against each other. Also there were a couple of cartridge shooters shooting muzzle loaders this time. Great match.
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Duplicate
Last edited by Aviator on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

It was interesting to hear at least one muzzle loader shooter state that richochets, or even a rock, that penetrated the target would count as a score. :shock: