Friendship March 2020

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship March 2020

Post by Woody »

We don't know what the future holds for this year, but we did get together at Friendship, Indiana at the Walter Kline Range for our first match of 2020.

Friday was clear and dry with some interesting winds. 22 shooters showed up to via for the .22 traditional and modern titles. When we ran out of targets the following competitors rose above the rest.

Traditional
Steve Decker - 34
Marshall Chase - 33
Woody - 31

Modern
Gene Hastings - 26
John Hayes - 25
Bennie Schidening - 22

Saturday dawned overcast with rain and possibly snow threatening.

As the day progressed, the promissed rain did develop, causing target aquisition issues with some of the iron sight shooters. Spotters were using the angle of the rain for wind change calls and those that understood the conditions posted some impressive scores. The results are posted below.
3.14.20 iron FB.JPG
3.14.20 scope FB.JPG
Sundays scores will be posted next.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Re: Friendship March 2020

Post by Woody »

Several shooters had to head home and could only shoot one day, but Sunday dawned with a number of shooters shivering, but ready to the continue the battle. Those results are posted here.
3.15.20 iron FB.JPG
I know it says "Irons" below, but it's really scope.
3.15.20 scope FB.JPG
Who knows what next month will bring. At least it should be warmer. Don't forget. Sat will be the military match. Break out your period military rifle and come shoot a silhouette match with it. Don't worry if you don't have one. We also shoot the regular silhouette match on Sat too.

Woody

Of Note: "Grumpy Bear" of this forum showed up from PA and shoot with us. Good to meet you. Of further note, my wife, decided she wanted to shoot the .22 match for the first time. After the match, she is still interested in shooting another. Great news. She used to shoot a .40 cal and had earned her AAA classification before she lost interest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Thanks Woody for posting the results,and the warm welcome, and the terrific supper.

In spite of the weather it was a really fun shoot.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Glad we could keep you from wasting away. You shot good. Always fun to meet someone from the forum. I've rarely been disappointed. A great bunch here.

Woody
Richard A. Wood