Smithmoor May Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Smithmoor May Match

Post by jackrabbit »

Friends and Shooters, 5/16/2020

Wow! What a match yesterday! I think it may have been our largest monthly match to date with 20 shooters busting out of quarantine and coming out to shoot. I can't tell you how good it felt to see all of our friends, shoot our rifles, and enjoy the fellowship. I think everybody felt about the same as there was more stories, laughing, and smiles than normal. The weather forecasts had some wind predicted for yesterday, and unfortunately they were not wrong. By Wyoming standards it was really just a stiff breeze as mats didn't blow away and spotting scopes did not blow over, but it definitely made for some challenging shooting conditions.

Momma Lorraine had one of her great lunches out for us again. Cheesey hamburger soup, corn chips, fresh fruit, and fresh homemade cookies. Super baker Ed Himelhoch brought a huge pan of death by chocolate brownies up, too. They were super! Thanks a bunch for the great food! We did have to suffer a bit in the morning as we were devoid of any donuts, breakfast breads, or snacks of any kind. I didn't think I was going to make it, but somehow I survived….lol.

Besides all of the friends that it seems we haven't seen forever, we were especially blessed to see one we truly had not seen in almost forever. Michael Jackson had to post pone his bpcr shooting due to work 5 or 6 years ago, and this was his first match back. Michael is a great guy and a really good friend to most of us and it was so great to have him back. Apparently neither he nor his rifle rusted any in the time off as he shot very well in some tough conditions. Welcome back Michael, we are so pleased to have you back shooting!

Dick Hennebry came out in the lead in A class this month with a 16, while Roger Buechler also shot a 16 to win AA class. Lee Wolff tied Mark Pachares in AAA class with 23's, but came out in the lead with reverse animal count. Bryan Youngberg and Michael Jackson also tied in Master class for 1st with 25's and Michael came out in first by reverse animal count. Normally we like to shoot off, but we were all so windblown and the match had gone late, we chickened out. Due to some near magical spotting by Jack Odor, I lucked out a 27 to be the match winner.

Between Smithmoor, Dick Hennebry, the Colorado Rifle Club, and the shooters up in Worland, we've got lots of fun matches on the schedule coming up. Father's Day weekend, June 20th and 21st, we have bpcr match and 22 bpcr match sheduled. No entry fees and no prizes, but there will be lunch and certificates for the winners. It wouldn't hurt to RSVP as we can only handle 25 in big bore and 48 in 22's. Our big matches in July and the National Matches at Raton in August are quickly filling up, so get your entries in if you want to come.
Hope to see you all soon,
Cody

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place
Master
Jack Odor 0 9 6 8 23
Cody Smith 4 10 6 7 27 MW
Bryan Youngberg 3 9 7 6 25
Michael Jackson 3 7 7 8 25 1st

AAA
Mark Pachares 1 9 6 7 23
Jim Rodebaugh 2 8 2 8 20
Lee Wolff 1 6 10 6 23 1st
Doc Bement 0 7 7 5 19
Dick Farmer 1 7 4 6 18
JD Farmer 3 8 2 8 21

AA
Gary Smith 0 7 0 0 7
Greg Bybee 1 5 4 0 10
Steve Anderson 0 6 0 0 6
Kenny Wasserburger 1 4 6 0 11
Roger Buechler 0 8 3 5 16 1st
Thom Moore 1 6 1 4 12

A
Dick Hennebry 0 7 4 5 16 1st
Ed Himelhoch 0 5 5 1 11
Jeff Williamson 2 4 0 2 8
David Heintz 1 0 1 4 6
Kenny Wasserburger

Re: Smithmoor May Match

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

It was good to get out, great food and accommodations at the Smithmoor Resort.

I needed the break.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Woody

Post by Woody »

Wish I was closer Kenny. At least I did get a match in at Watkins this year. It had been 2014 since I last shot there.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Wish I was closer Kenny. At least I did get a match in at Watkins this year. It had been 2014 since I last shot there.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Maj. Forrest Smith

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith »

You can say that again, Woody!