Buz Coker Memorial

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

semtav

Buz Coker Memorial

Post by semtav » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:29 pm

Another match is in the book, and now we are getting some much needed rain.
Saturday started out with a forecast of 100 + temps but fortunately a high thin layer of clouds kept the temp at a comfortable level.
Four shooters brought their A game with them for the Saturday match. Wes Gamble, Brian Hickey, Charlie Young, and Dave Gamble put on quite a shooting exhibition for the rest of us with Wes edging out Brian for Match winner each with 34 hits followed by Charlie and Dave with 33 hits. Dick Hansen led the rest of the pack with 27 hits edging out Bill Clendenen also with 27 hits.
After the main match, we shot the 1200 yd buffalo and 4 shooters, Brian Hickey, Deith Allies, Doug Mollman and Shane Kraft were in contention to shoot a shootoff each with 6 hits until Shane spoiled their fun, connecting on his last shot (hitting his last 4 shots) to finish as the buffalo shooting champ with 7 hits out of 10.
Sunday brought cooler temps, but more wind with it. Champ to Chump was the theme of the day as more than a few shooterswent away from the 800 and 900 yd targets with great scores, only to be baffled trying to figure what was going on in the upper atmosphere the bullets were traveling through to get to the 1000 yd targets.
Shane Kraft, capitalizing on his momentum from the previous days buffalo win kept things together long enough to win the Day 2 match championship with 27 hits edging out Wes Gamble also with 27 hits.
In the end, it was consistency that paid off for Wes Gamble as he won the overall championship by 6 hits over Charlie Young.
Laurie Keller’s consistency earned her first place in the ladies division both days and Dick Hansen travelled all the way from California to take home 2 fourth place trophies in the men’s division.
As fun as the shooting was, it was even more fun to be able to do it with friends again this year

Buz Coker Day 1 resized.jpg
Day 2 Coker resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

semtav

Re: Buz Coker Memorial

Post by semtav » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:29 pm

Buz Coker total resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DeadEye

Post by DeadEye » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:04 pm

Great picture of the Day One winner, Brian Hickey, with Ellen Coker. Good Shooting Shadow4. No Covid there I see.
2020 BUZ COKER MEMORIAL DAY 1ST PLACE MENS (2).jpg
Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."

hipshot1

Post by hipshot1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:39 pm

Brian, Thank you for all the work you put in this match, it was a great time wish I could have been there for the 1200 yard shoot.
A man must standup before you can see how long of a shadow he will cast

charlie young

Post by charlie young » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Thank you Brian and Nicole, and all the Forsyth club members. I hope you realize just how much we appreciate, the opportunity to shoot on the Lee ranch. Definitely one of my favorite matches. The 2 day event was a great addition. Thank u again, and for the nice plaques!! Oh by the way, the young gal who brought out the meals was truly appreciated!!

semtav

Post by semtav » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:37 pm

Thanks,
but I should give credit where its due, to all the club members and all the shooters who make it run so smooth.
My only regret is I can't multitask, and I forgot to get everyone together for some pictures.

Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:50 pm

DeadEye wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:04 pm
Great picture of the Day One winner, Brian Hickey, with Ellen Coker. Good Shooting Shadow4. No Covid there I see.

2020 BUZ COKER MEMORIAL DAY 1ST PLACE MENS (2).jpg

Paul
Evidently Miss Ellen really didn't care, first thing she wanted was a hug :wink:
A GUN LIKE ANY OTHER SOURCE OF POWER IS A FORCE FOR EITHER GOOD OR EVIL BEING NEITHER IN ITSELF BUT DEPENDENT UPON THOSE WHO POSSESS IT

Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:17 pm

Brian & Nicole.

Thank you for the work you do. The addition of the second day is exactly what this shoot needed, & what I was hoping for.
Thank you for the trophy plaques, much appreciated, & the "Pay yourself at the cash drawer" lady cooking burgers both days :lol: :lol: That is why we live where we do, I "PAID" myself $5 each day :lol: Hilarious

Must attend each year, 100+ degrees or not
Ima use my bench top cross sticks next year, the ground was like concrete :shock:

The reason for this shoot is a worthy one, you keep putting it on, we'll keep showing up, congratulations

Brian Hickey
A GUN LIKE ANY OTHER SOURCE OF POWER IS A FORCE FOR EITHER GOOD OR EVIL BEING NEITHER IN ITSELF BUT DEPENDENT UPON THOSE WHO POSSESS IT

mike herth

Post by mike herth » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:48 am

WOW, well done Forsyth crew! I’m looking forward to next year. Semtav, were you shooting PP?

semtav

Post by semtav » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:22 am

mike herth wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:48 am
Semtav, were you shooting PP?
Always and forever !!!

semtav

Post by semtav » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:42 pm

Load Data for the top 5 shooters. (all I had contacts for)

1. Wes Gamble
Pedersoli Gemmer 45-70
Blackhorn 209

2. Charlie Young
Shiloh #1 Sporter 16 Lb Bull Barrel
45 2.4 75 gr Swiss 1.5, 541 Money 25-1 DGL Lube
1 wet moose milk, I dry swab chamber
MVA 23" scope

3. Dave Gamble
Shiloh 45-70
BH 209 BA 540gr Money

4. Brian Hickey
C Sharps Flat Top HiWall,
45 2.6, 35" Kreiger, Exp Lube
560 gr tapered, 93 gr 1.5

5. Brian Schwend
Browning HW 34" SS 16 twist
45 2 7/8 , Kal Parabolic PP 12.5-1
105 gr Swiss 1F

Lots of ways to skin a cat !!

hipshot1

Post by hipshot1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:51 am

If a person was looking for the best load or the best rifle, there is not one that really stands out, they all worked really well. I think the only thing that stands out here is Wes's young eyes.
A man must standup before you can see how long of a shadow he will cast

Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:39 am

hipshot1 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:51 am
If a person was looking for the best load or the best rifle, there is not one that really stands out, they all worked really well. I think the only thing that stands out here is Wes's young eyes.
Must be the Blackhorn 209

J.B.

Post by J.B. » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Great results and it looks to have been a fantastic few days of shooting. Good to see photos of some grade 'A' people and read the names of those I missed out catching up with this year. I owe Ellen more than a few hugs myself for the support she and her family have given us over the years.. and Brian H... if you play your cards right... Gary may even give you a hug next time we catch up :wink: Sorry we couldn't be there... but with you all in spirit. Arriving in June and staying until September is a very tempting thought... maybe one day. Best of health to you all.

Gavin.

ps. Brian ..I dont think it was 209... but having ..just the right 'menuts' may have had something to do with it. :P
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "

Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:36 pm

J.B. wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:07 pm
Brian H... if you play your cards right... Gary may even give you a hug next time we catch up :wink: Sorry we couldn't be there... but with you all in spirit. Arriving in June and staying until September is a very tempting thought... maybe one day. Best of health to you all.

Gavin.

ps. Brian ..I dont think it was 209... but having ..just the right 'menuts' may have had something to do with it. :P
Even with a fracture of my "talus"? & heel, I can still outrun Gary.
Joey and I just sat down in the Shamrock for supper, come from Beach, reffing a football game :wink:

No, no, it was the 209, "MENUTS" had nothing to do with it, never does, does it :lol: