camp atterbury Results.

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ian45662

camp atterbury Results.

Post by ian45662 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 am

The results of the 1000 yard match. For Muzzleloaders 1st place was Kenn Heismann with a 401-2. 2nd place was Lee Shaver with a 363-1. 3rd was Dan Bredberg with a 319-1. In cartridge guns 1st place was Ian Egbert with a 429-7 His spotter was Brian Haffey. 2nd was Justin Abrams 425-3 (Justin has only been shooting black powder for a year. This is his first long range match. His dad was his spotter.) 3rd was Steve Farringer with a 410-6. 4th was Robert Wetzler with a 405-2. 5th was Neil Eddington with a 403-1.

ian45662

Re: camp atterbury Results.

Post by ian45662 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:23 am

I don’t like to talk about myself but in this case I think there is something that needs to be said. Brian Haffey AKA Grumpy Bear was my spotter and he did a tremendous job. We had a great time in the pits and he did a great job as a spotter. I only wish I could have returned the favor. I had cross fired twice on the very first relay. I thought I was out of the game at that point. Brian made some calls on the fly that proved to be crucial. He talked me out of making a few corrections that turned out to be good calls. I cant thank him enough for keeping his cool with the changing winds and conditions. I will post a picture of the score board once my wife returns home from work.

COBPTR

Post by COBPTR » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:49 am

Good to read about longrange BPTR happening.
Ian, what is the total possible for points? I am guessing this is a 60 shot match for record?

Robert
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

ian45662

Post by ian45662 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:54 am

We had 5 relays. 10 shots for score each relay. One could potentially get 500 total points.

ian45662

Post by ian45662 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:08 pm

IMG_8940.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

COBPTR

Post by COBPTR » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:18 pm

Those are some great scores from alot of folks.
Good job!

Robert
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

desert deuce

Post by desert deuce » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:38 pm

I see Richard Woods needs to change his name with DMV and SSA to reflect his new name.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:59 pm

That's alright, it allows me to slide under the Radar. 8)

This was the first try with the Shiloh 77. The first relay on Saturday was pretty frustrating. First my bore wipes wouldn't push. I had switch from a derin rod to a 5/16ths Stainless cleaning rod and even then had to stand and tap the rod into the ground to get some started. Second, my initial estimated sight setting was 20 minutes low. Atterbury faces South with no back stop and green grass in the front. With the military training battle rattle on the ranges next to us, it was almost impossible to hear anything going overhead. Took 20 sighters to find paper. Once on, I stayed on, but was physically worn out from fighting the bore wipers. With iron sights, my dimming eyes, and ground haze, I could barely see the target, and verified with Steve almost every shot that I was aligning on the correct target. Once on Saturday and once again on Sunday, I experienced a miss during the string. Not spotter issue, not condition issue. Nut behind the butt issue. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Next time.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.

GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:15 am

ian45662 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:23 am
I don’t like to talk about myself but in this case I think there is something that needs to be said. Brian Haffey AKA Grumpy Bear was my spotter and he did a tremendous job. We had a great time in the pits and he did a great job as a spotter. I only wish I could have returned the favor. I had cross fired twice on the very first relay. I thought I was out of the game at that point. Brian made some calls on the fly that proved to be crucial. He talked me out of making a few corrections that turned out to be good calls. I cant thank him enough for keeping his cool with the changing winds and conditions. I will post a picture of the score board once my wife returns home from work.
I can't thank you enough for the kind words Ian,it means a lot to me. And your spotting was also top notch,as the relays progressed my scores kept getting better(the 45 was actually shot in the first relay). You helped me keep my head in the game,especially in that last relay. I had a great time with you and the crew,and look forward to doing it again. Loading stuff for Byers now.

desert deuce

Post by desert deuce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:26 am

Grumpy Bear: I had a great time with you and the crew, and look forward to doing it again. Loading stuff for Byers now.

And that folks is what Black Powder Target Rifle is all about. Having a great time and looking forward to the next match and great time.

Byers will be a hoot for sure. Envious of those that can attend.

desert deuce

Post by desert deuce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 am

Hey Mr. Richard Woody Sir, you have neglected to provide your fan base out here in La La Land with the particulars of your new rifle. Uh, well, we know you have had a long relationship with High Walls and similar contraptions, just wondering what it was like waltzing with the Queen of the Ranges for your first dance card?

You might can hide from the IRS but not from your followers.

Woody

Post by Woody » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:28 am

DD, I'll have you know that my first several trips to Raton were with a Shiloh Long Range Express. Shot master at my initial outing at the 1K line. I've owned a total of three Shiloh's.

This one I spec'ed for what I wanted for once. It's a pistol grip Model 77 with a 34 inch barrel, standard 45-90 Shiloh chamber, double set triggers, Rigby Rib, and wood upgrade. I didn't drill it for a scope. It weights 12.3 or 12.4 depending on the scale. I haven't had it to Raton to weight there.

You are correct about my like of High Walls. Ambidextrous. I've had a number of them. Currently have three in 40-65, 45-70, and 45-90. Also a Low Wall in .22.

So many rifles and too little time.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.

SSShooter

Post by SSShooter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:19 am

Woody wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:28 am
So many rifles and too little time.
Woody
Amen to that (and I've got a Sporter #1 Shiloh on order).
Glenn