Lodi 2020 Creedmoor Cup

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Distant Thunder

Lodi 2020 Creedmoor Cup

Post by Distant Thunder »

The Lodi 2020 Creedmoor Cup was held on September 24th and 25th. The attendance was down in this year of the China virus. There may be another CUP match next year but it's looking rather doubtful.
2020 Creedmoor Cup-2.jpg
This match is shot at 1000, 900 and 800 yards each day with 3-man relays. There is no coaching after your first shot cuts paper and you have 2 additional sighter shots if wish followed by 10 shots for record all in 20 minutes. It is an excellent match to improve and test your skill at reading the conditions and turning the knobs. It is a bit of a rush! It is a black powder only match shot with plain base lead bullets. They do allow paper patch bullets also. In fact this year the 4 top shooters were using paper patch.

Thursday weather was overcast with some light rain, but not bad. The winds were fairly light with all the subtle changes that Lodi is known for and can drive you crazy trying to keep up with.

Friday the winds were up much more and included some pretty deceptive reverses. We didn't have anymore rain but the clouds moved in and out with plenty of sun in between.

After each days shooting we grilled steaks and sipped some good brews and there may have been some talk about shooting. My thanks to all who attended and made it a friendly shoot as well as safe. Many thanks to Cliff Gregg and Mark Schuenke for doing all the work to make it possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Kluskens
aka Distant Thunder