2020 Shiloh Big Whiskey Invitational Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Del

2020 Shiloh Big Whiskey Invitational Match

Post by Del »

I showed up Wednesday to shoot the 22 BPCR match on Thursday. Weather was fine for the whole 5 days
that I was there with light winds in the morning but with winds building into the afternoon with
gusts up to 15 mph most days. There was a bit of forest fire smoke from the west coast on Saturday
that was creeping in so along with the normal visibility problems on this match, visibility was difficult
especially with Iron Sights but this isn't news for the Big Whiskey Range. Where the range is situated to
the south, the targets are in their own shadows which makes seeing some of the hits difficult as well as
the berms are somewhat dark. The breeze at times can also cause the black powder smoke to drift up the range
which can make shooting and spotting both quite difficult. Lots of fun...! This is a difficult range to
master which is generally reflected in the scores. If you do well here, you will do well anywhere!

For door prizes, we drew two little rubber duckies, each with a number. Lucinda called numbers throughout the
match and it your number came up, that little duck won you a selection from the prize table. The last four
shooters to still hold a duck got in the final shootoff for the top prizes. The shootoff was offhand at Rams.
The shooters were Erich Lah, Amber Spratling, Jim Burrill, and Glenn Gipson. When the smoke cleared, Erich won
the rifle and other goodies, I believe Jim was second, Amber was third, and Glenn was fourth. Thanks to Shiloh
and the other folks that donated for all the prizes!

The Friday night "trash can stew" meal was great as was the catered meal on Saturday. The visiting with old friends
each night was great as always as was the mix of people that show up for this match. There are people that show
here that you don't see anywhere else which makes it a bit different than most shoots.

Many thanks go out to the Shiloh Rifle Company for going to the effort and expense for putting this match on.
There needs to be a special thank you given for Jim Kidwell for calling both days of the BPCR matches and also
a thanks goes out to Kenny Durham for running the 22BPCR match. I think that Randy Rembold does the gong match
as well so a special thanks to him as well as to the target setters and those that helped with everything else.

It was well attended this year in spite of the fact that the Canadian shooters weren't able to attend due to
the border still being closed from Covid. Since the Canadians weren't here, there was no good natured International
competition in the Friday gong match but quite a few shot that match anyways. There was quite a bit of wind on
Friday making for difficult competition. I didn't get the scores for that match...

A great time was had by all and this is one match that you should try to get an invite to just for your bucket list!

Here's a link to the scores: http://www.mtbpcr.com/2020BigWhiskey.html
Fortune Favors the Bold...
Woody

Re: 2020 Shiloh Big Whiskey Invitational Match

Post by Woody »

Thanks for posting Del.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
stevewhr

Post by stevewhr »

Well done Del, enjoyed meeting you by the way. Kudos and huge thank you to Shiloh Rifle et al. Can't wait till next year!!!
wyomingsightdrifter.com
stevewhr

Post by stevewhr »

Kenny did a great job with the .22 match. Thank you Kenny.
wyomingsightdrifter.com
BFD

Post by BFD »

Sure sounds like a great time. It would be nice to shoot a silhouette match or three again. Maybe next year.
DAG4570

Post by DAG4570 »

Del

I have the scores for the Friday match. I will try to email them to you. It was a great match and I had a great time. Thanks for the help you gave me.

Dave
Del

Post by Del »

Here's the scores for the Friday Gong Match. Thanks to Dave Grout for sending me a picture of the scores.

Quite a bit of wind to contend with. Pretty good turnout with 18 shooters but no Canadians this year due to the border closures... Hopefully next year! So no "US vs Canada" score this year. :(

http://www.mtbpcr.com/2020BigWhiskeyGong.html
Fortune Favors the Bold...