Friendship October 2020

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship October 2020

Post by Woody »

October 16-17-18 was another great weekend of shooting in Friendship.

Friday was the .22 match. The results are listed below. Looks like they had a sale on Master scores.
Oct 2020 .22 scores.JPG
27 Rifles on the line with 2/3 being traditional. Willie Pool took the high score using his scoped Winchester 52. Steve Farringer was one point behind shooting his Remington roller with a Crossno liner. Great shooting guys.

Saturday dawned cold with a hard frost. That didn't scare away many shooters. 42 shooters gathered with 7 bringing period military rifles, to shoot the match within the match. Steve Farringer again posted a master score, (his second), to be the match winner. John Bly again proved his prowess with a trapdoor to win the military match.
Oct 2020 Scope scores.JPG
Sat 10.17.20 iron scores.JPG
Out of room on this, so I'll post Sunday's results next.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Re: Friendship October 2020

Post by Woody »

Sunday dawned with a light rain that cleared shortly after the start of the match. Winds were tricky but apparently Doug Gazeway had it figured out. Congrats to the winners.

Here are the results.
Sun Oct scope scores.JP[attachment=0]Sun 10.18.20 iron scores.JPG
G[/attachment]

Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Thanks for posting that Woody. My congratulations to those who mastered the switching tailwinds on Sunday. They kicked my butt. It was so dark when we started that I could see my muzzle flash. That's tough shooting for iron sights. It was good to be back at Friendship after several years of being absent. Lora sure does a good job as Match director. No wonder it is a popular match. I'll be back.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Hey Woody, you forgot to mention that you were 2nd place on Friday in Traditional 22, only one measly point behind me! You did a superb job coaching me!

It was a very good 3 day weekend!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Looks like a lot of shooters had a great time.

First time I have heard the word frost in years. Do vaguely recall what it is.

Segundo, may be best to mention Woody's forgetfulness in a PM :roll:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Woody

Post by Woody »

That's not the only thing I forgot. I left my sight setting data and tool for the trapdoor at home. Started on turkeys and after seven sighters, still had not come close to the swinger. Still sighting in when I went for score. Steve said: "That was difficult to watch." With the first setting, the rest followed better, but the damage was already done and Bly kicked my butt.

Woody
Richard A. Wood