Smithmoor November BPCR

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Smithmoor November BPCR

Post by jackrabbit »

November Big bore 11/25/2017

Friends and Shooters,
The weather forecasters had it wrong earlier in the week. Who would have thought? They had had a snow storm predicted for last Saturday and I really didn't think there was any way we would get to shoot. It turned out to be in the 40's and 50's with very mild winds and we did get to shoot. It was a little brisk, but we had the fire roaring hot in the stove and we could warm up between relays. 7 rifleman turned out for the match and we enjoyed a very relaxing and fun day of shooting and camaraderie.

Michael Jackson brought a coveted, (by me in case you were wondering) beautiful Wesson rifle in 40-82 that had not been shot much before. He is just beginning load development, but it sure seemed like it wants to shoot as he managed a 21. Dang, is it pretty! Doc brought one of his faithful old Ballards and was trying different loads out. Some worked good, and at least one, not as much. Ed was also shooting a new rifle and trying out new loads. Greg Bybee had his regular rifle and loads, but he got Danny Glick to come along and shoot his first big bore match. We all enjoyed Danny and hopeful he will be back. I fought some highs and lows, which I think was mostly due to some chilled fingers and lack of concentration, but who knows. The big news of the day was Dad drug his ol' Highwall out from the back of the safe, found some shells and shot! He had not shot his big bore rifle in sometime, but it sounded good to him on Saturday. He said he had fun and might even do it again sometime soon! Yahoo!

As usual, Momma Lorraine whipped up a super lunch. A big pot of beef barley soup was the main course, along with some raspberry scones and banana bars for desert. Banana bars are a banana bread cake with frosting. They have been a tradition in my Mom's family since before anyone alive can remember. They are good!

It was a very enjoyable, relaxed day of fun shooting with great food, great friends, and decent weather. Thank you to the shooters for coming out! We are hosting a Butte style 22 match this coming Saturday the 28th. It should be fun. Some had suggested calling it "The Escape from the In-Laws" match, but I wouldn't go that far….. Let me know if you are interested in coming to shoot it.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Cody

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place
Master/AAA
Cody 4 9 6 6 25 MW
Doc 1 10 8 3 22 1st
Michael Jackson 0 9 3 9 21

AAA/AA/A
Greg 3 2 7 7 19 1st
Danny 1 8 4 4 17
Gary - 0 3 0 --
Ed 1 10 3 2 16
DeadEye

Re: Smithmoor November BPCR

Post by DeadEye »

I can almost hear the boom and smell the smoke.

Thanks for that,

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."