Perfect Scores ?

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RK45/70

Perfect Scores ?

Post by RK45/70 »

I am wondering how many perfect 40 shot matches have been recorded ? I am retired now but was able to do a lot of BPCR shooting in the early 1990's including a trip to Raton in 1992. Thanks, R K.
Where ever I go, There I am!
jackrabbit

Re: Perfect Scores ?

Post by jackrabbit »

As far as I know, only one. Brian Chilson did it with a scoped rifle several years ago. Also as far as I know, it has never been done with iron sights. Ron Calderone and Brian are also the only two to shoot 10 chickens in a match.

I enjoy keeping track of such things, so if anyone has other info, please chime in.
Thanks, Cody
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

In 22 BPCRA sanctioned matches, it has never been done with either scope or iron. There are several 39's, and I think it is only a matter of time before someone gets it done.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

As posted earlier in the year, Brian Chilson and Ron Calderone are the only two to have shot a "grand slam" with irons (all 10 of each animal, but not in a single match). Not sure how the NRA tracks same, but if memory serves, Brian has shot 10 or more chickens at least 5 times. Does that mean he has 5 grand slams?

The top scores in irons are 38/40 by Brian Chilson & Jim Deitlein, 57/60 by Brian Chilson and 73/80 by Brian Chilson.

Is the 22BPCRA keeping records for 60 & 80 shot matches (I assume that 80-shots is over two days?)?
Glenn
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Glenn, Do you know the details of when Brian shot the 40 with scope? Do you know his high 60 shot scope score? I know he holds the long run in chickens too, do you know what it is? 13 I think??
thanks, Cody
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

SSShooter wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:02 pm
Is the 22BPCRA keeping records for 60 & 80 shot matches (I assume that 80-shots is over two days?)?
No one is officially keeping records. I was going to start some kind of official record keeping, but have not gotten around to it. I do keep an eye out for high scores and have some notes on it though.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

jackrabbit wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:14 pm Glenn, Do you know the details of when Brian shot the 40 with scope? Do you know his high 60 shot scope score? I know he holds the long run in chickens too, do you know what it is? 13 I think??
thanks, Cody
You can look it all up here:
https://competitions.nra.org/results-an ... l-records/
Select "silhouette rifle" and then "silhouette black powder cartridge" and then scope and long run or whatever (you'll see in the drop-down menu for each box). A little bit of using and you'll figure it out.

Brian shot his 40 on 9/27/2009 at Ridgway, if memory serves.
His record for chickens is 12 as the NRA denied his 13. Again, if memory serves it was because he did not get the 1st chicken on the 1st bank in a 60-shot match. He got the 2nd - 14th chickens or something like that. I was shooting the same relay so didn't get to watch. Sounds like BS from the NRA to me, but there it is.
Brian's 60-shot scope record is 55.
Glenn
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Thank you Glenn. Brian is truly one of the most remarkable marksmen of all time.
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I was there when he shot his 1st 10 chickens. Almost everyone knew what was happening and the range got ghostly quiet for his 10th shot, then erupted in a cheer when that 10th chicken flipped over. He still had to shoot 10 pigs for the 40 and if there ever was a time to lose concentration that would have been it for me. He hammered all 10 pigs to complete his grand slam all in one day.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

jackrabbit wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:27 pm Thank you Glenn. Brian is truly one of the most remarkable marksmen of all time.
Don't forget Brian's BPTR exploits. He has shot exactly one (1) 800, 900, 1000yd match and as a result owns both the high agg for 30-shots (290-10X) and the 1000yd (97-3X) records. Even though it was excellent conditions, to do so well in only one match says something.
Brian has had a couple of tough seasons. No covid (at least none that I'm aware of), but he was injured in a work accident two years ago and then broke another bone this past year. Hopefully, 2021 will be better for us all.
Glenn
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

At the Shippensburg Supershoot this past Sept. he was still recovering from the last broken bone and was not at his best with most shoots cancelled and his injury keeping him from practicing. He still shot 9 chickens out of 15 with a 5 in a row. He said that it was something like his 78th 5 in a row pin on chickens. Most of us are still hoping for that 1st 5 in a row pin.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

We met Brian and Deb a couple of years ago at Raton. We have an Oklahoma shooter who is very jealous of Brian's ability and he protested Brian's clothing..and then wanted to withdraw the protest after the jury was found and assembled by Jeanne. Jeanne told him no way, he officially protested, the jury was found, their shooting interrupted and now he was going to have to go through with it. Jeanne approached Brian , as to not disrupt his shooting, informed him and he was the nicest man about the whole thing..and then started laughing at the cranky Okie. No rule violation and the match continued. We were squadded with Brian and Deb and in all my years of competing in many sports, I have never found a nicer man more willing to help than Brian Chilson. I was keeping score while he was shooting .22 bpcr and he was so good, I fell asleep while he was cleaning pigs. I woke up just in time to see him hit the last pig ( he was shooting two rifles) and I marked down 15 x's..IN THE CHICKEN COLUMN!!! Man did that start discussion up and down the line. Very, very nice people. We will be practicing on chickens tomorrow at the range and I KNOW we'll be doing what Brian Told us to do.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
45bpcr

Post by 45bpcr »

Brian's 14 chicken score was never recognized by the NRA.
I was Match Director at Ridgway and watched him do it.
I submitted photocopies of the proper form to the NRA competitive division twice via snail mail and once via e-mail.

Cricket's.

I'm willing to bet I still have it in a filing cabinet at one of my shops.
I told my kid to keep any Ridgway or NRA files, as we shred most customer paper info that's past a certain age.
I have to wonder if it will matter with the NRA in chapter11 and turmoil.

I feel that the NRA should exist to keep records of it's supporters and competitive shooters achievements.
First and foremost.

2A issues will always require more and more money as the threats against it increase.
Because - Lawyers.
Do we pay the lawyers or the record keepers?

The NRA staff needs to be paid.
We as competitive shooters, through our membership, supposedly support that.
As we should.
Compared to what we spend enjoying our sport, it's a mere pittance.

2K plus for a rifle, sights and reloading equipment?
Not a problem.
$100 to the NRA?
BIG PROBLEM

I wonder how many posters here would accept a tedious job entering and correlating information for "the record books"
I wonder what the job pays.

I won't crank on the cost of WL's cuff links.
I don't own cuff links.

Time for me to watch the tides.

Craig
Live Free or Die, Death is not the worst of Evils
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

The NRA has squandered hundreds of millions of dollars. Until they prove that they are again trust worthy, I will not send them a penny. I still send money to gun rights organizations, just not the NRA. There are plenty of other groups that do more good and don't waste my hard earned money.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

jackrabbit wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:30 pm The NRA has squandered hundreds of millions of dollars. Until they prove that they are again trust worthy, I will not send them a penny. I still send money to gun rights organizations, just not the NRA. There are plenty of other groups that do more good and don't waste my hard earned money.
+1. NRA has to prove to me they aren't spending most of it on the high-life if they want more. It won't surprise me if they are successful in their bankruptcy filing that they tell all us life-members we are no longer life members and have to 'pony up' more $$. That we were life-members of the "old NRA".
Glenn