Friendship Silhouette Match Today

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Friendship Silhouette Match Today

Post by desert deuce »

Got word through the border telegraph that Woody spotted Aviator to an overall Match Win today C-1 P-10 T-10 R-9 at Friendship.

If the Shooting Machine keeps this up nobody will be glad to see him show up at a match. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Aviator

Re: Friendship Silhouette Match Today

Post by Aviator »

Thanks for the kind words.
Of course, the prior day's match was considerably more humbling for me.....

Now, if I could only learn how to shoot chickens....

Seriously, 40 plus shooters had a great time this weekend shooting two days of BPCR Silhouette.
Plus, Friday was a 22 Silhouette match, with classes for Traditional rifles, and for more modern rifles.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I'll get the scores posted as soon as possible. Three great days at Friendship, shared with friends.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

We're always glad to see Steve show up. Hell, if I only went to win I would have given up a long time ago. Steve is a nice friendly guy good to talk with and be around just like almost all the other BPCR shooters. I hope to see him somewhere this summer at a shoot and we will all have a good time no matter who wins.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Thanks, John!
I go to have fun also!
I am humbled much more often than I win.
I take each shot and each wind guess seriously, but as Woody says, no one is shooting back at you. :lol:
I am as glad when a wind guess is good as when I make a good shot.
I have been lucky to have several experienced folks take an interest in helping me get better.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Steve you and woody should come to Kentucky for the spring fling. You too Mr Bly!!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Lora sent me the scores, so here they are.

Friday dawned cold but dry after a night of high wind and rain. 24 shooters contested in two classes. Traditional, (15), and Modern, (9).

Although it was severe clear, it was also very windy and cold. When all the grumbling about missed wind calls was done, Doug Gazeway managed to post a 29/40 for first place and a one ounce silver coin, with Jim Davis close on his heals with a 28/40 for second, and Steve Hubbard coming in third with a 27/40.

In the modern class, Sandra Pool posted a first place win and silver coin with a score of 28/40. Second was claimed by Kent Frye with a 26/40, followed by Chris Kenney for third with a 24/40.

Saturday was clear and again cold, but the wind had softened only slightly. Saturdays results are posted below.
3.20.21 scope scores.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

Sunday was again severe clear and started cold, but quickly turned into the best day of the match, with coveralls being shed early. The wind also laid down, but she also threw a few curves to keep the spotters on their toes. The results are posted below.
3.21.21 scope scores.PNG
3.21.21 iron scores.PNG
3.21.21 iron scores.PNG
I see I forgot to mention that the match on Friday was the .22 match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Looks like the Shooting Machine is picking up the the finer points of spotting for silhouette also.
Certainly has done so in target already.

Amazing young man.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Zack,

The "Shooting Machine" is in fact doing just that. I'm generally a fast shooter in silhouette, and he was ready with a wind call as I was ready to close my eyes and jerk the trigger.

This match was an experiment for me also. I pushed BACO bore wipers for both days of the match. Zero leading at the end of each day of shooting. I don't know that my score or vertical was any better but it was encouraging. I don't believe that my blow tubing days are over yet.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Ahh the benefits of youth. I wonder if he is tinting his temples with come alive gray by Revlon just to fit in with the older crowd? :?: