Friendship 14 - 16 May 2021

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship 14 - 16 May 2021

Post by Woody »

What a wonderful weekend in May for a gathering of friends for a shooting match. Several of us arrived on Thursday for a little practice and socializing

Friday started cool and clear as 27 shooters did their best with their .22's. Eleven modern and sixteen traditional rifles on the line.

When the smoke cleared, Keith Ux shot a monster 35, missing one turkey and laying down six of those pesky chickens to clinch the modern class. Second was claimed by Willie Pool with a 33, followed by John Hayes with a 31.
Traditional class was won by Woody, posting 7 chickens and missing a lone turkey for a 36. Second was claimed by that traveling Georgian, Doug Gazeway with a 33, followed by a fellow Georgian, Charlie Butler with a 32.

Saturday and Sunday was the NMLRA Championship aggregate match. Saturday was again clear and cool with very mild but tricky tail winds. Spotters had be one their game. At the end of the first day, Bob Wetzler led with a 29 just ahead of a pack, to take the scope lead. Jim Dietlein led the irons also posting a 29. Sunday started with a light rain shower just before the match but the rain held off for the rest of the day. The clouds kept the mirage barely visible, so again spotters had to earn their keep. When all was said and done. Woody had held off all comers posting a aggregate scope score of 59 followed by Charlie Butler's 57 and Bob Wetzler's 56. Iron was claimed by Jim Dietlein with a 57, Ian Egbert with a 50, and Steve Callaway's 45. The complete scores are posted below.

Come to Friendship and join us next month during the forth weekend of June.

Woody
May 2021 Scope scores.PNG
May 2021 Iron scores.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
ian45662

Re: Friendship 14 - 16 May 2021

Post by ian45662 »

Congrats on some fine shooting woody and a good job to your spotters as well.
Fishslayer

Post by Fishslayer »

Congrats - Woody... you held off a strong field to keep the lead. Enjoyed shooting next to you all day Sunday and unfortunately, when you missed a pig on the last relay, I did too! Good shooting and hope to see you and everyone else at Raton in July.
CharlieB
Woody

Post by Woody »

I'm not going West this year. My lungs still have not recovered from Covid to go to altitude. It will be the first time since 1999 that I won't be making the trip. (Last year didn't count.)

Woody
Richard A. Wood
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I hope you make it to Ridgway this July and bring Willie and Aviator with you. I think we are going to have a very competitive match. It should be it's a National. Those Michiganders will be there in force and there is some local talent in Dave Heeter and of course Brian Chilson. It's a shame the GA and Mississippi boys won't be there.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Don't forget the folks from OH. Ian & Jim & Tim are all capable of match winning scores and am guessing there will be a few more from OH.
Plus, Ian will be shooting PP. Maybe there will another one or two PPers.
Glenn
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Kenny White has been doing well with paper patch also. He came from behind last year in MI to beat us all on day 3 and take the agg. He shot very well in KY in April.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Ian has been in a bit of a slump this season to say the least. I am going to have to get my head out of my ass and quick if I want to have any hope of putting paper patch in the winners circle. I have been testing a different rifle with some harder alloys. It hasn’t been working out to good but I am going back to my highwall with the load that was shooting good for me last season so hopefully if all the stars will line up things will start to swing my way. :D Need to start hitting more chickens.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

ian45662 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:24 pm:D Need to start hitting more chickens.
Don't we all............... :roll:
Glenn
Woody

Post by Woody »

Chickens were few and far between but they are what made the difference between first and second place. Charlie and I both hit the same number of prone targets. As is so often stated you win on chickens and lose on pigs.

Woody
Richard A. Wood