Smithmoor June BPCR

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Smithmoor June BPCR

Post by jackrabbit »

Friends and Shooters, 6/20/2021

I would suppose most recreational pursuits are similar to what I am about to attempt to explain. Fishing is the best example I can think of. You might go 10 times and everytime, the wind blows, a storm comes in, the fish don't bite, the mosquitoes eat you alive, you have a flat tire, and you go home kind of wondering why in the world you even think about going. But then, the next time you go, everything falls into place. The weather is perfect, the fish bite like crazy, and you have the most magical time on the lake! That's why we do it. Sometimes it just all comes together and it makes us quickly forget all those times it didn't.

Yesterday was that day for several of us at Smithmoor Range. I have had a very busy couple of weeks and had hoped to maybe make it up to the Quigley this weekend. That didn't work out, so we thought to hold our monthly match at Smithmoor. The range was a mess and I wondered how we would find time to get it mowed. It all worked out. Friday afternoon, work freed up and we all attacked it. Then, the day of the match turned out perfect! It is rare to see a day so calm in Carpenter. The smoke just hung out there and even made seeing the targets a bit of a challenge for the first couple hours of the match. Then a gentle breeze picked up. It was almost magical looking down the barrel across the beautiful green carpet of fresh mowed grass and watching those turkeys and rams fall over, one after another. Yep, it was one of those days that will keep me going for a long time.

With it being Quigley and Father's Day weekend, I was pleased to have 9 good shooters make it out. Michael and Jack were mostly experimenting with loads, so their scores didn't turn out too stellar, but several others shot exceptionally well. Dick Hennebry reworked his loading procedures and turned in the best score I have ever seen him shoot with a 26. Dick was very pleased and everyone was quite happy to see him beat his slump. Mark Pachares shot his personal best with a master class score of 31. Hopefully we see him post a few more and find master class himself. Dad (Gary) shot a 15, which may not sound like much but was leaps and bounds ahead of what he had been doing. Hopefully we are onto something and he can continue to improve. I was quite pleased to tie the range record and my personal best of 34. Thank you to Dan Womer and Dad for the excellent job in spotting for me.

Mom, Dad, and Coralee whipped up a super lunch for us. Cheeseburgers on the grill, macaroni salad, and beans made us all smile. Grace made several kinds of cookies for dessert. I know I enjoyed it very much and think everyone else did too. Thank you for the great cooking!

The big news coming up is the matches in Raton. Coralee and I help host the 22 BPCRA National Championships, and we are also helping to host a 2 day big bore championship in conjunction with them. These matches will be held July 12-16th. Because of this, there will not be a match at Smithmoor in July. There is still some room to enter these matches if you are interested. Think about going if you can as they are fun and we would appreciate your support. We also have our 4 day match at Smithmoor coming up in August. It is mostly full, but be sure and let us know if you want to come and we will fit you in. All the entry forms for any of these matches is on www.smithmoorrange.com
Take care everyone,
Cody

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place
Master/AAA
Jack Odor 4 10 5 8 27
Michael Rix 2 6 8 8 24
Cody Smith 6 10 10 8 34 MW
Mark Pachares 2 10 10 9 31 1st
Doc Bement 1 10 6 8 25
Dan Womer 3 9 6 9 27

AA/A
Gary Smith 1 6 4 4 15