2021 Montana State BPCR Silhouette Championship

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Del

2021 Montana State BPCR Silhouette Championship

Post by Del »

Shot the 2021 Montana State BPCR Silhouette Championship last weekend at the Butte Gun Club just west of Butte at the little town of Rocker. Weather for the four days was not too bad, a little hot on Thursday and Friday with quite cool on Saturday, warming a bit on Sunday. Classic Butte Gun Club wind was there every day, starting at almost calm in the morning but starting to pick up about the time we got ready to shoot. By the time you were getting into it, the wind was upwards of 10 mph for the first couple of hours then increasing to about 15 mph by the afternoon. Enough wind to blow you off the pigs let alone the turkeys and rams. Rams had some strange issues where you would be shooting along, holding elevation, then it might jump 3 or 4 minutes high. If you corrected, a couple of shots later you would hit the rail. It was consistent, however, seeming to catch most everyone. If the wind was down when you shot, it wasn't there, but if you were shooting when the wind was up, you suffered from this at some point in your 10 animals. Toby noticed that if the wind was coming out of the 5:00 direction that this caused this up-down issue. Kept the shooting interesting for sure!

There were 20 Scope shooters on Thursday with 3 High Power shooters joining us on Friday, shooting just for fun. Bill Huxtable shot two consistent 28's on each day to score the overall win with a 56. First master went to Dave Henninger, second master to Butch Ulsher, and 3rd master to myself. First AAA went to Scott Lindley, second AAA to all of our buddy, Mike Venturino, and third AAA to match winner Bill's wife, Penny Huxtable. Bill's daughter, Mary Huxtable was first AA! The Huxtables are knocking 'em dead!!!

The Iron Sight match started Saturday with 23 BPCR shooters and three or four High Power shooters but we lost four BPCR shooters for various reasons for Sunday. I was able to shoot two 26's for a total of 52 for the Overall Win. Six chickens on Sunday helped with a miserable ram count and kept me in the winners seat! First master went to Johnny Spratling, second master to Ted Tompkins, and third master to Toby Crisler. 1st AAA went to Tristan Huxtable, second AAA to Paul Dowell, and third AAA to LJ Schieffert. First AA went to Amber Spratling and second AA to Cash R (not sure of his last name be is Toby's son-in-law). First A/B went to Flint Barger.

It has been almost two years since I shot at Butte due to missing a couple of monthly matches for various reasons as well as Covid cancelations. This range will teach you more about shooting wind than almost any range I have shot. A fun match for sure!

The scores can be seen here:

http://www.mtbpcr.com/2021MontanaState ... ship.html
Fortune Favors the Bold...
Dan O

Re: 2021 Montana State BPCR Silhouette Championship

Post by Dan O »

Nice write up Del. Congrats on your win, 6 chickens :D on Sunday
jackrabbit

Re: 2021 Montana State BPCR Silhouette Championship

Post by jackrabbit »

Thanks Del for the great writeup, I appreciate it.