Friendship june 2021

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship june 2021

Post by Woody »

My brass is clean and the rifles are put away for a few days. I want to thank my spotter/coach Steve Farrenger for his fine job of spotting and coaching this past weekend. He didn't have much time to recover from shooting the Q and racing back to shoot at Friendship this past weekend.

With the Ohio Valley Regional in Kentucky and the monthly Effingham, IL match, I didn't expect a big turnout at our regular monthly match in Friendship, especially since this match was not on our normal third weekend.

On Friday, 21 .22 shooters showed up. 13 traditional and 8 modern. The weather cooperated, and remained dry, but with some tricky wind conditions.

Robert Johnson beat all comers to win the modern class with a 29, followed by Bob Hardy with a 27 and 5 chickens and third was taken by Darrell Wright with a strong 26.

Traditional was taken by Woody with a 33 and 6 chickens to also take the chicken pool. Keith Ux shot the only other Master score, posting a 31 for second and Lora Parks posted a 29 to take third.

Saturday and Sunday was our big bore matches and those results are posted below. Both days had some of the most challenging tailwind conditions I have seen in Friendship. The scores for both Saturday and Sunday are posted below.
Sat June 26, 2021 scope scores.PNG
Sat. June 26, 2021 iron scores.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Re: Friendship june 2021

Post by Woody »

Sundays scores:
Sun. June 27, 2021 scope scores.PNG
Sun. June 27, 2021 iron scores.PNG
I also learned that our August Regional has 79 paid shooters signed up. We are looking at a fine Regional this year.

Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Thank you Woody for the scores and writeup, I appreciate it. We are all going to really miss you at Raton in a few weeks. It's going to be a bit strange not having you there.
Take care my friend, Cody
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

The winds at Friendship must have extended all the way to KY. Not a single master score all weekend in KY.
Congrats to all the winners at both matches in some consistently tricky winds.
Glenn
Woody

Post by Woody »

Wish I was coming Cody. This covid recovery is slow. My lungs won't take the altitude yet.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I understand the Sunday big bore was won with a 40/50 SS, a little pipsqueak cartridge compared to some others. Over the past weekend I was telling Jim Ratcliffe about mine and shooting 38 grains of powder with a 370 grain bullet at the chickens and pigs. He said his 45/2.6" uses almost 3 times that much powder. I've been enjoying mine and getting better with it.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"