So how bad did I get fleeced and what do I need to know?

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
JConnerley

Post by JConnerley »

snapcap14 wrote:One word of advice Stay away from the armi sport 59-63 carbines
bout one new about 4-5 years ago at that time they were about $500.
sent it back twice when i first got it problem was never fixed to my liking.
so i put another 300 into it. to fix the problems problem 1 was it hammer did not clear the nipple
2when it did and the cap went off half the time it would not fire. 3 the bore was about 560+. WEll now after all the fustration i final own a shiloh. which is what i wanted in the first place.
Bottom line shiloh or nothing. everything is made here and the parts will fit an original. Which will be my next gun some day.
I have heard about the Armi Sports and aside from maybe thier 1842 muskets nothing has been positive. Since I couldn't afford another Shiloh at the moment (although there is one for sale on the NSSA board I could have bought if I didn't buy the Shiloh Sporting Rifle) I got the Pedersoli so I would have something that would work with N-SSA. I was also curious about the "sliding chamber" in the Pedersoli. It will be interesting to compare it side by side with the Shiloh.
snapcap14

Post by snapcap14 »

JConnerley wrote:
snapcap14 wrote:One word of advice Stay away from the armi sport 59-63 carbines
bout one new about 4-5 years ago at that time they were about $500.
sent it back twice when i first got it problem was never fixed to my liking.
so i put another 300 into it. to fix the problems problem 1 was it hammer did not clear the nipple
2when it did and the cap went off half the time it would not fire. 3 the bore was about 560+. WEll now after all the fustration i final own a shiloh. which is what i wanted in the first place.
Bottom line shiloh or nothing. everything is made here and the parts will fit an original. Which will be my next gun some day.
I have heard about the Armi Sports and aside from maybe thier 1842 muskets nothing has been positive. Since I couldn't afford another Shiloh at the moment (although there is one for sale on the NSSA board I could have bought if I didn't buy the Shiloh Sporting Rifle) I got the Pedersoli so I would have something that would work with N-SSA. I was also curious about the "sliding chamber" in the Pedersoli. It will be interesting to compare it side by side with the Shiloh.
Don't know how well they work or if they freeze up or not while shooting but i do know that Pedersoli is making a spring washer to put behind the gas check plate. Now I don't know if it is a new fix for before or after the sliding sleeve. but i do know it is an ansewer to complaints from the blocks freezing up due to fouling and shooters designing there own fixs
was thinking about ordering a few to try behine my gas check if they will fit mine.
I was suposed to try my new sharps this weekend at our team tune up, but my Son is racing motocross this weekend so the whole weekend has turned in to a can of worms.