Pedersoli Model 1862 Confederate Carbine

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
klw

Pedersoli Model 1862 Confederate Carbine

Post by klw »

Anyone have experience shooting the Pedersoli Model 1862 Confederate Carbine? I know that the ones now being made have a chromed breech block. I'd be interested in knowing how easy they are to clean and if there are any problems with them.
Charlie Hahn

Post by Charlie Hahn »

I just finished with a barrel mounted o-ring sliding short sleeve modification on one of these. I removed the spring washers which I find of no value, and made sure the pressure plate is lubricated with either high pressure grease, or Thompson's breech plug lube.

My customer only fired ten rounds due to very clod weather, but all worked very well, and the breech operated as it did with the first round. There was very little residue in the breech plate area, and the plate came off by hand with a twist and pull.

I like what they have done with the breech plate, radius bottom that allows it to be rotated, and the chrome all around. This design will need the forward o-ring ans the plate has no chance to move as designed.

I know of two others who have shot an un-modified gun, with bad results.

With this gun, I can do the modification for about $130 bucks, and have a gun I am sure you can shoot all day.

Charlie Hahn
Charlie Hahn
bakerj

Pedersoli mod

Post by bakerj »

Charlie, are you doing this for other folks? If so I will send you my 1863 Ped. sporter. Regards, Jim Baker
JimB
Charlie Hahn

Post by Charlie Hahn »

Bakerj,

Yes I do this work on all makers guns. The price can vary if I need any parts, but not too much. Example, is if you wanted the pressure plate modified to remove the cone and pocket that would add to the work. If you just want the sleeve as I did on the Robinson it is as noted. I think you will find I am very open and honest and we will agree before I do anything so there are no surprizes.

A few things you should do, is look for etching on the pressure plate or breech face, this drives what we do, and how we do it.

I am on travel right now, here is my office phone. 410-208-4736, my cell is 410-627-4726 I am in Boston till Thursday

Charlie
Charlie Hahn