Sacreligious Offering

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
Todd Birch

Sacreligious Offering

Post by Todd Birch »

I've decided that I need a Spencer repro in 56-50, so I'm putting my .54 Shiloh '63 Sporter on the block.
My other three Shilohs are all .50s, so I can part with ths one.

It'll come with a rapine .54 'Xmas Tree' mould and a Lee .54 Minie mould.
Condition is 'as new' as I've seldom fired it. Twice actually, in the time I've had it.

Any Canucks out there, here's your choice for a great Shiloh buy.
"From birth to the packing house, we travel between the two eternities ....." Robert Duvall in "Broken Trail"
Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Hi Todd, Just saw your add for the 1863. You don't know how long I looked for an 1863 SHILOH #3 sporting model in .54 caliber. Got one a year ago from Bill Goodman! Good Luck. Love the early rifles. Have been highly amused with the opinions and posts on this forum over the past few years. I've now had my Shilohs for 27 years. Jay Y.
Todd Birch

'63 Sporter

Post by Todd Birch »

Jay

I've has a pm from an American asking if I'd consider shipping it to the USA. It could be shipped to a US dealer with an import/export permit.

I was handling it today and had those pangs of anxiety. It is REALLY a nice rifle and deserves to shot a lot more than I've shot it.

What I've been looking for is a repro Spencer in 56-50 and need to part with one toy to get another. I've just been diagnosed with cancer and even with our medicare system, it's going to cost me $2000 for living expenses when I start radiation treatment in July.

Got to live long enough to enjoy my guns for a loooong time to come .....

Todd
"From birth to the packing house, we travel between the two eternities ....." Robert Duvall in "Broken Trail"
Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Todd, All of my best to you. Enjoy the Spencer. Let us know how you make out. Will keep you in our prayers. Take care, Jay Y.
emito condito

Post by emito condito »

Good luck Todd.
Todd Birch

Thanks

Post by Todd Birch »

Thanks, Guys!

Luck has precious little to do with it.

I'm approaching it with a strong faith in God and the miracle of modern medical science.

I'm already on the other side of this 'speed bump' and looking ahead.
pete

Post by pete »

Damn Todd this cancer won't get you, you're gonna get killed while trying to club that next bear. :)
Todd Birch

"And miles to go before I sleep ...."

Post by Todd Birch »

That's the plan, Pete! I'm gonna die with it - not from it.

Heard a guy at church whining about how tragic it was that his newly retired brother-in-law passed away in his mid-50s, found sitting under a tree by his hunting companions; rifle across his lap, smile on his face.

I took him aside and told him that was as good as it gets! Tragic is being found at the age of 19, sitting on a toilet in a bus depot, needle in your arm.
Tragic is stepping on an IED in Afghanistan/Iraq. Tragic is drinking yourself to death like my Dad, or smacking into a car full of kids because you had "one for the road" ..... you get the picture.

He thanked me for the reality check.