musket caps!

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
kermit

musket caps!

Post by kermit »

I'm having trouble finding musket caps local.........I can order on line, but local is good for only standard percussion caps. I have a thousand CCI magnum percussion caps. Any ideas on converting the existing Pedersoli Sharps 1863 nipple to use standard #11 caps. Another thought is, is there a conversion nipple to use shotgun primers or standard large rifle primers which all are available everywhere. Please advise..........
snapcap14

Post by snapcap14 »

blomquistpercussionworks.com should be able to make them for you if you can not find them elseware. track of wolfs possable shop and a few others I can not think of right now should have them as long as you know the thread size.
w/ that said I'm not sure you will be happy using a # 11 on a sharps. the sharps seams to like a lot of fire. the fire channel on a sharps is about 1 - 1 1/2" form nipple to breach. w/ 2 90 deg turns. w/o using the hotist musket caps I could get I had problems w/ misfires and hang fires w/ several of the sharps I have owned in the past. Now as a owner of a shiloh i normaly have no problems. but once in a while under heavy use it will act up and not go off.
Standing on the ROCK
14th VA. Cav.
N-SSA