Sharps cartridge boxes

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
WileyCoyote

Sharps cartridge boxes

Post by WileyCoyote »

I did some searching on the internet for some samples of 1863 cartridge boxes. I re-created labels that are specific to the caliber and powder charge that I use with my Shiloh Sharps carbine, 40 and 45 grains. I use both self-made and Hahn tubes for the cartridges themselves, by the way. Samples of some of my work are attached. Note that 6 boxes of Sharps rifle cartridges, 10 cartridges to a box, fit perfectly in a small box from the post office, painted brown in my case.

I also have done some .44 and .36 caliber revolver cartridge boxes.

If anyone is interested, I would be glad to send you my Word file so you can print out your own labels. I print them, and any of my Civil War labels, on 28 lb. Mohawk cream white paper and paste them onto custom made light cardboard (manila file folders) boxes wrapped in brown painters/butcher's paper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
C.L. Hiatt II

Re: Sharps cartridge boxes

Post by C.L. Hiatt II »

Been gone awhile & just saw your post. If you are still here & the offer tosend file is still good, send me aPM & I will get back in touch with you.
CL
"It is better to die a free man, weapon in hand, than to live life as a coward and a slave"
lastchip

Post by lastchip »

Those look fanatic, excellent work indeed! A prefect accessory for the old sharps, or new sharps. I expect mine sooner then later.
WileyCoyote

Post by WileyCoyote »

Send me your e-mail address and I'll be glad to send you the files I used to make the labels.
WileyCoyote

Post by WileyCoyote »

Jim Kidwell, your private message posts keep getting deleted. Leave me your e-mail address somehow and I will gladly send you the file for the labels. Sorry it's been such a hassle.