leveler pin movement

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
lastchip

leveler pin movement

Post by lastchip »

Question to you all; Don't think its did this before, but I noticed the level pin moves front to back as I open and close the breech. The forward swing stops when it touches the spring loaded retaining pin and the back motion is stopped when it touches the receiver. I've had my 63 54cal. out twice now and wondering if this pin movement is normal or a sign of a level spring that might need to be loosen a bit or of the gas check plate is making contact with the breach opening as the block is dropped and raised? Don't feel like or sound like the plate is scrapping on the breach mouth. Anyone else have a leveler pin that like to move back and forth as you drop and raise block?

Thanks for any help and/or advice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirk

Re: leveler pin movement

Post by Kirk »

That's what the plunger pin is there for,,,,,No worries!!!
Mike Johnson

Post by Mike Johnson »

Mine does not move.
Shiloh 1863 .54 MR
Constable Bill Manning

Post by Constable Bill Manning »

That pin engages the lever and I would suspect that a little lube on the pin should stop it from binding on the pin where it goes through the lever unless the pin is bent or the bearing surface is galled or rusty. Is that what you are seeing??