Moose Moulds Website!

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
moosette

Moose Moulds Website!

Post by moosette »

After much anticipation, the Moose Moulds website is now Up and Running!!

Check it out at:

http://www.moosemoulds.com

Would love to hear your feedback!
Moosette (Sandy)
Operations Manager
Moose Moulds, LLC
267-229-1676

Like us on Facebook!
www.facebook.com/MooseMoulds
geezmo

Re: Moose Moulds Website!

Post by geezmo »

Ordered my first Moose Mould the other day, a France 542-485. I've heard nothing but good things about their products. The new website is clear and easy to navigate, even for us technically challenged people. Their communication is prompt and very pleasant. Now I anxiously wait.
Barry
lmcmahon

Post by lmcmahon »

You will not be disappointed! I have several of their molds in various calibers. Top of the line product.
N-SSA
TW-136
geezmo

Post by geezmo »

The Moose mold came Wednesday when I got home from work. As soon as I got it out of the box it had the look and feel of quality. Right after supper I fired up the lead pot and cast 36 bullets. The first 5 had very slight wrinkles. I've fired worse in a pinch with reasonable results. But, these I dumped back, just because. The rest were perfect and fell easily from the mold prepped with Moose Juice. Thursday morning before the turkey work started I sized and lubed 10 bullets and loaded them into some leftover nitrated paper tubes I had from my last experiment. For a charge I arbitrarily used 54.4 grains (Lee dipper measure, as I was too lazy to get the scale out) of 2f powder. I have an old Farmingdale .54 carbine that I scored on Gunbroker about 5 months ago but haven't had the chance to do much with. I grabbed that and my 10 cartridges and headed out.

The morning was clear but breezy and cold, 28 degrees. By the time I got the target hung and everything set up on the bench my finger tips were tingling. The first shot went into the backstop as a fowler. The next five, from the bench, were about 5" high (at 50 yds.) which I expected as the sights were factory untouched. They were a vertical string about 1.5" wide and 3.5" high. Getting cold and in a hurry the last 4 were offhand with less than stellar results. I have no doubt that with a little load tweaking and sight work this will be my NSSA match carbine this coming season.

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm more than pleased with my Moose mold and would recommend them to anyone. I'm already thinking about ordering another. Maybe a .58 Wilkinson bullet for my musket. Good luck and good shooting.
borderdogs

Post by borderdogs »

Moose mold website doesn't connect via the link provided. Actually I tried getting on teh website off the forum and all I get is the Enter page with a button, when pressed nothing happens. When it comes to computers I consider myself a moron so maybe I am doing something wrong.......anybody else having a problem with the website?
Rob
aka "borderdogs"
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

Rob , it works for me off this thread, when the cover comes up hit enter and go get a cup of coffee , even with dLS it loads quite slow, did that to me last time I looked as well.
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
geezmo

Post by geezmo »

Rob and Dean,
Not too many people more technically challenged than me. The other day I couldn't answer my wife's new "smart" phone. I don't know links from threads, but just tried the Moose site. Entered it manually, www.moosemoulds.com (spell it the English way), got the welcome page and hit ENTER and went right in.
Good luck,
Barry