I'm kind of excited today, just got 'The Call".

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
Lead Head

I'm kind of excited today, just got 'The Call".

Post by Lead Head »

Well Fellers,

......It's been a long wait but I think it will be worth it, just got a phone call from the nice folks at Shiloh.
They said to send more money to them and they will ship my long awaited '63 saddle rifle.
It should arrive at my house by thursday next week. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.
..... It will be a sporter with military buttstock with patchbox, .38 caliber, 38/55 chamber, 26 inch matte finished standard octagon barrel. For sighting, semi buckhorn and blade front (indian head penny) later by me. Metal finish on reciever and patchbox will be bone case colored, furniture will be hand select 'dark' with AA finish.
Lead Head

Re: I'm kind of excited today, just got 'The Call".

Post by Lead Head »

Well guys..

I received the rifle and it actually exceeded my expectations.......Pics when I get my oldest son to help me post them :mrgreen:
58limited

Post by 58limited »

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics.
Lead Head

Post by Lead Head »

58limited wrote:Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics.
Thanks 58,
....If it was up to me there would be no pictures, I just ain't into computers that much. But my oldest son had pitty on me
and since he is a electronic 'geek' he helped old dad out with the pics. He did good too as he had the three rug....er grandchildren along :wink: