Here are the pictures of my new '63 and '62

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
Lead Head

Here are the pictures of my new '63 and '62

Post by Lead Head »

SC45-70

Re: Here are the pictures of my new '63 and '62

Post by SC45-70 »

Beautiful rifle!

I hope it shoots as good as it looks!

SC45-70
Lead Head

Post by Lead Head »

SC45-70,

......You said " I hope it shoots as good as it looks" well I have'nt shot it yet, probably too cold to shoot around here with highs
running in the low 30's. I have no doubt that it will shoot good, after all it is a Sharps. I have all the preparations though if we get
a break in the weather, I will start on paper at 25 yards to check windage, then sight in at 50 yards with the barrel sights.
I told Santa that I want a MVA #131 tang sight and if I'm good then I will get it for Christmas, I'll adjust that sight in at 100 yards and beyond.
WHO CARES

Post by WHO CARES »

Very nice - thanks for sharing.
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians.
Lead Head

Post by Lead Head »

Thanks for the replies everyone,

This spring I will do some load development with it, just too cold to do it now.
pete

Post by pete »

Nice rifle. She'll make a neat hunting rifle. I must say though that I thought I was a fair weather shooter. I couldn't wait to see if she goes bang and what happens.
Lead Head

Post by Lead Head »

pete wrote:Nice rifle. She'll make a neat hunting rifle. I must say though that I thought I was a fair weather shooter. I couldn't wait to see if she goes bang and what happens.
Oh..... I will try it out, just wished I had received the rifle sooner, the temperature "highs" around here have been below freezing.

I might get to try it out later in the week, temps up in the 40's according to weather reports. I have bullets, powder and caps, so I'm good to go :mrgreen:
geezmo

Post by geezmo »

Lead Head,
Have you finally had chance to shoot it? Does it shoot as good as it looks, like we all assume? Inquiring minds want to know. I'd like to get another one of their '63's some day. Maybe a sporter. I shoot in the NSSA, so maybe a 30" military rifle would be the way to go. At 64, when or if they ever get back into production and I get on a list, I may not have enough live left in me. We'll see. Hope all went well for you.
Barry
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

The rifle is beautiful! Enjoy it! Anyone hear when Shiloh will list the 1863 Military rifle again and start taking orders? I also shoot N-SSA and am also 64 years old and would like to get one before the dirt nap comes.
snapcap14

Post by snapcap14 »

Buzzard II wrote:The rifle is beautiful! Enjoy it! Anyone hear when Shiloh will list the 1863 Military rifle again and start taking orders? I also shoot N-SSA and am also 64 years old and would like to get one before the dirt nap comes.
Yea I'm thinking rifle too already have carbine.
Standing on the ROCK
14th VA. Cav.
N-SSA