Looks like no 1863's for us in February

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
cjensen

Looks like no 1863's for us in February

Post by cjensen »

With my Birthday occuring sometime between today and tomorrow I was hoping.
:(
Naphtali

Re: Looks like no 1863's for us in February

Post by Naphtali »

When did you complete your payment-in-full that translates to some like, "we're about to start your batch of rifles?"
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift
cjensen

Post by cjensen »

Went [u]on the floor[/u] in early August.
Pretty plain. Sporter #1, heavy half, standard wood with AA finish, steel shotgun butt and pewter forearm.
No bone & charcol, nothing polished, no fancy wood, no checkering etc..
cjensen
borderdogs

Post by borderdogs »

CJensen,
Yup......Iknow how you feel!!!!! I called a few weeks back and they told me that it would be a while. Not sure what that translates to but maybe May? But mine is fancy compared to yours Semi Fancy, select, cresent butt, bone/charcoal, polished barrel. Mine went on the floor Sept, maybe May is optimistic.

There is some fun in expecting the unexpected!
All the best,
Rob
aka "borderdogs"
Naphtali

Post by Naphtali »

borderdogs wrote:CJensen,
Yup......Iknow how you feel!!!!! I called a few weeks back and they told me that it would be a while. Not sure what that translates to but maybe May? But mine is fancy compared to yours Semi Fancy, select, cresent butt, bone/charcoal, polished barrel. Mine went on the floor Sept, maybe May is optimistic.

There is some fun in expecting the unexpected!
All the best,
Rob
I must admit I'm fearful of calling, kind've like complaining to the chef in an exotic restaurant.

When you chatted with the staff, were they able to - that is, did you ask - where your specific order is in Shiloh's que? I suspect most of the bottlenecks are with stock work. I believe it and engraving are the facets of creating Shiloh rifles that are least amenable to production work.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift
cjensen

Post by cjensen »

What does "where your specific order is in Shiloh's que? " mean to you?
borderdogs

Post by borderdogs »

CJensen,
I believe that que is refering to the order in which it is coming onto the production floor. From what I have seen being on the production floor is anywhere from a few months to near a year. One rifle I ordered what I call a New England Hunting rifle took one year to get, I ordered it through Bill Goodman. THat rifle had some special features, 45-90 Hartford, AA finish, select, semi fancy, 26" half round heavy barrel, polished, etc. I affectionately call it "Bwanda" because I like to through it over my shoulder holding the barrel in my right hand. Maybe I call it Bwanda because I can't get my wife to call me that........I guess thats getting off topic!

At any rate I don't think the good folks at Shiloh have a problem with you calling about your rifle I think they get a lot of calls like that. From what I can gather though I don't think there is any real idea of when they think the 1863's will be finished. Give them a call they have always been very nice to me when I have called.
All the best,
Rob
aka "borderdogs"
Michael P Nowak

Post by Michael P Nowak »

CJensen: Years ago I order an 1863 Sharps rifle with dual tiggers. As I remmenber It took about a year to receive the weapon. Just keep the faith and it will come. Mike