1863 delivery (or not) ;-(

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
cjensen

1863 delivery (or not) ;-(

Post by cjensen »

Has anyone here had an 1863 delivered [u]this year[/u]? Mine went on the floor (in production) over a year ago and still no word. I know a couple of us had them go on the floor last year and was wondering if any have been completed this year. I wonder how many rifles are currently "on the floor"?
:?:
Kirk

Re: 1863 delivery (or not) ;-(

Post by Kirk »

I can count them on one hand, they are cruising through as they fit in to the regular production processes.

Don't panic, I have never not delivered!!!

Kirk,
Naphtali

Post by Naphtali »

cjensen wrote:Has anyone here had an 1863 delivered this year? Mine went on the floor (in production) over a year ago and still no word. I know a couple of us had them go on the floor last year and was wondering if any have been completed this year. I wonder how many rifles are currently "on the floor"?
:?:
Not to rain too heavily on your parade, mine was overpaid-in-full a few hundred dollars in late May or early June 2013. My wait hasn't been a total loss, though. I acquired a "B" prefix 1863 that I intend to have "remanufactured" to be the doppelganger of my mythical 1863 Sporting Rifle. My sole problems are time and money. I cannot use an 1863 with saddle ring assembly - hands no longer work well. I have hopes that one of the rifles will be fully operational before my seventieth birthday. . . . I'm 23. . . yeah right! In my dreams.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift
borderdogs

Post by borderdogs »

Hi Guys,
I am one of those on the wait list with cjensen. I trust Krk! From all of what I have seen he is a man of his word....no question. I called Bill Goodman (who I ordered mine through) and he called to find out when we could expect to see them. Bill is waiting on a special 63 he is having made. So there is three of us (only two fingers left Kirk!).

I have 5 Shilohs that I have ordered over the years all except one I ordered through Bill, another stand up guy. One of those I ordered recently I waited a year for too. If I called Kirk and he called me back always and if he says they are crusing though I believe him. I know the 63's involve a lot of hand fitting so that that alone will take time.

So when I take delivery of mine I will let you all know and if I can figure out how to post pictures I will do that too. Hang in there cjensen you are not alone!
All the best,
Rob Drummond
aka "borderdogs"
Naphtali

Post by Naphtali »

Rob:

I must inform you that when I found a message in my INBOX from Shiloh with a subject that had at its beginning: 1863 delivery - I nearly had a heart attack. For about 90 seconds, I was dancing from the ceiling. And then I clicked on the message. . . . Ooops!
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift
Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Don't keep "waitin' and hopin'" or you'll have it in the pine box with ya'. Find a "Farmingdale '63" and you'll have a much nicer "old reliable".
Naphtali

Post by Naphtali »

Jay Yuskaitis wrote:Don't keep "waitin' and hopin'" or you'll have it in the pine box with ya'. Find a "Farmingdale '63" and you'll have a much nicer "old reliable".
Jay:

I did better with a "B" prefix Shiloh. Then - oops - ran out of money to metamorphose it to the sporting rifle it's intended to be. I believe when one spends a few hundred years in purgatory the feeling of, "Close, but no cigar," is remarkably similar.
borderdogs

Post by borderdogs »

I talked to Bill Goodman about a week ago he actually went to the Shiloh factory to pick up some rifles he had ordered. An inquiry on the 1863's brought him out on the shop floor to see them for himself. He saw them all and his rifle in particular. He told me that his has the wood fitted and it is in the "white". He couldn't tell me where mine was but he assured me that what he saw they were all around the same stage of finish.

When I asked him when he thought they might be done he said he felt confident that they would be ready before the end of the year.

An 1863 carbine or rifle would be nice but at this point I want the rifle I ordered an 1863 Hartford, std oct barrel, polished, AA finish on semi fancy wood with a crescent but and .38 caliber! I have other Shiloh's to shoot so I will wait.
Rob
aka "borderdogs"
Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Hi Folks, I hate to be a pita, I dealt with Bill Goodman a number of years ago with great success. I thought we received a message a couple or so years ago that Bill passed away. Gosh, I sure hope I'm wrong. ?? Jay
borderdogs

Post by borderdogs »

He's alive if you want to check him out google William T Goodman or Goodman Sharps he'll come up. He has two sites one that he sells Shilohs on and the other is for antique guns. I would give you his website but I don't remember it off hand.

Get on his website and give him a call.
Rob
aka "borderdogs"
borderdogs

Post by borderdogs »

He's alive if you want to check him out google William T Goodman or Goodman Sharps he'll come up. He has two sites one that he sells Shilohs on and the other is for antique guns. I would give you his website but I don't remember it off hand.

Rob
aka "borderdogs"
borderdogs

Post by borderdogs »

Rob
aka "borderdogs"
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Hi folks, I received a belated e mail today stating, "Bill Goodman's son has taken over the business and the shows, not sure of the exact date." Don't know what to believe. Jay
borderdogs

Post by borderdogs »

Jay,
Are you sure you are talking about William T Goodman of Shiloh Ballard? I talked to him last week and he said nothing about that. Matter of fact, the first rifle I ordered from him was in 1998 and he didn't use email then. As far as I know he still doesn't use email so if he did use email it was before I knew him so I guess that is why it was so belated!

Check to see if you are refering to the same guy.
Rob
aka "borderdogs"