shiloh mod 63

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
loophole

shiloh mod 63

Post by loophole »

Anyone know how one might find a Shiloh '63? I've tried S-SSA, gunbroker, etc, etc. anyone know how much a used on in very good condition should go for?
Any help appreciated.
Steve K
If at first you don't secede, try, try again.
Free_Stater

Re: shiloh mod 63

Post by Free_Stater »

I've bought two through Gunbroker ads in the last six years, both Farmingdales, one a musket and the other a saddle carbine. I sold the carbine for $1,750, but due to some luck and timing issues, I got it for considerably less. I don't think that kind of deal will ever happen again.

So figure somewhere in the high teens, possibly $2,000 but I don't know that I'd go higher. The trick is to set up a search and get email alerts when items matching the search terms go online. I see them occasionally, but then I'm not looking for one, and I'm sure they've gotten even more rare, and the prices will go up accordingly.

One thing I never see is 63 sporters. I think people who bought those intended to keep them forever. I know I would.

Good luck and keep trying.
When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.
cjensen

Post by cjensen »

Which version are you looking for?
Free_Stater

Post by Free_Stater »

Speaking of which... And don't be mad at me, please.

I went looking on Gunbroker yesterday and found a very nice .54 carbine for a really great price. I had some questions about the rifle, but it was too late to call the dealer, so I called back this morning. I was going to buy it myself. :oops:

It was sold this morning, and not to me. Buy it now price was $999 with free shipping.

But in looking at completed auctions, the prices are all down from what I'd expect or what I've paid in the past.

The guns are there, you just have to wait.
When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.
loophole

Post by loophole »

Free stater
Nothing to get mad about. I appreciate your response. In addition to wanting a '63, I am an amateur student of markets, and I find
it interesting how the market for some guns fluctuates.
Anyone reading these posts might learn from my experience: The Armisport I bought new at a very attractive price was no bargain
at all because it just wont shoot. Had I bitten the bullet then and bought a Shiloh. . . .
Steve k
If at first you don't secede, try, try again.
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

Naphtali

Post by Naphtali »

A Farmingdale 1863 on CastBoolits.com's FOR SALE forum.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift