Shiloh Parts

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
Flying Ace

Shiloh Parts

Post by Flying Ace »

Hi!

I'm new to the forum but have a question. I just obtained my first Shiloh 63 carbine. It's a Farmingdale .54 with a serial number just below 1100 and a wolf stamped barrel.

My understanding was that Shiloh's were made that Original hardware should fit. I was just at the N-SSA nationals and tried original sight spring (to barrel) and trigger lock spring screws but they didn't fit. Am I missing something or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Jay Yuskaitis

Re: Shiloh Parts

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Some 25 years ago I had an original 1874 Sharps in need of a few parts. I pulled the breech block out of my '74 Shiloh and it fit and functioned perfectly. 'Course this was not the parts needed, exactly what parts we replaced I do not remember. We ordered the parts from Shiloh and with a bit of work came up with a perfectly functional .40- 1-11/16" Business rifle. You gotta' remember these were not built with CNC thoughtless computer machines, but hand fitted by human hands, which are still capable of the task. Over the years, I've found that Shiloh and C.Sharps parts will fit the originals with a tweek here and there, and will function as good or better than the original. I'm talking about Shiloh and C Sharps parts, not the imported "shit" that has been available over the past few decades. These are my findings and experiance. Jay Y.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Flying Ace,
You are missing something because I have worked on and replaced a lot of parts on originals with our parts, sometimes they go right in, sometimes you have to tweek a little.

Kirk,
Flying Ace

Post by Flying Ace »

Thanks guys, I'm beginning to think that maybe the sutler I tried to match up the parts with may have had them mislabeled? It's easy to see how that could have happened. So if you were to buy replacement parts, where would you get them? Is there a way to buy from Shiloh directly?
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

You are on their site. Click on kirks name ans email or pm him or go to the home oage , get the phone number and call them
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Well, Flying Ace, are you going to tell us how you made out? JY