Picked up an early Shiloh 63 sporting rifle

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
Amigo

Picked up an early Shiloh 63 sporting rifle

Post by Amigo »

Hi
A gun store out west here in Canada recently had a list of
Shiloh Sharps rifles for sale which were part of a Sharps collectors
estate.One of the rifles was a Shiloh 63 sporter in unfired condition
save for a few storage marks on the buttstock and even though I have a 63 sporter on order I just couldn t let this deal slip through my fingers so
I succumed to the Shiloh fever and bought it.Nice early gun serial # B919
which I believe made around 1992 just after Shiloh changed hands.Going to take her out next week to see what she will do.I guess its true what they say a guy can t have just one Shiloh Sharps.

Jeff
Always aim to be careful and always be careful
to aim
gmartin

Post by gmartin »

Jeff,
Perusing the site before bed. How does everyone but me become so lucky in locating used, or even unfired, '63 Sharps? Please keep us posted on your new riifle's shooting, I at least am always interested. Geez, I wish on every penny I find.
Good shooting, Gregg
Amigo

Post by Amigo »

Martin

Funny thing the same Company had a Pedersoli 3 band percussion for a around the same price as the Shiloh Sporter.Not knocking Pedersoli but hard to believe someone would pass up a Shiloh over a Pedersoli for about
the same price.I also heard but don t know if its true that Pedersoli has
dropped the percussion Sharps from its line.
Also if anyone in Canada is interested the same Company I got the Sporter from also had a three band 74 Shiloh military rifle in 50/70

Jeff
to aim
gmartin

3 Band '74 50/70

Post by gmartin »

Jeff,
May be a silly question, why "anybody in Canada...", what if one (me) was interested about the particulars of the 50/70?
Quite a United States Citizen, Gregg
Amigo

Post by Amigo »

Martin

Reason I said Canada was all the redtape it would take to have the gun shipped to the States would be a major pain in the butt.I heard it takes about 3 months to get the gun finally to ship out, don t know if that is true but I know importing a gun from the states is going to a pain as I ve found out about the paper work involved.
to aim
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Dear Amigo

A relative in Canada tells me that one of the biggest sellers up there is the weatherproof hard case you put your firearms in to bury them in your backyard. Any truth to that? Ever think of moving to the States?
Amigo

Post by Amigo »

Hi

Would rather buy a larger case and put the politicians in it, would solve the problem I think.I d move to the States in a heart beat if I could get a green card to work.I stayed in Colorado for a year and took gunsmithing at the Colorado School of Trade.Loved every minute of it only problem I had was getting back on the plane to come back here.Too bad we couldn t
set up an exchange program, you could send all your anti gun people up here in exchange for us Canadian pro gunners.I would be the first in line with my Sharps rifles in my arms.

Jeff
to aim
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Dear Amigo

Whatever we think of our various politicians, you DO live in some of the most beautiful country I have ever set my old eyes upon. Those northern Rockies always take my breath away. In the states I always travel with a hogleg close at hand. Some of the citizens down here are just not all that friendly. I am always nervous when I travel around Canada. I always leave my hogleg at home because I don't want any of your mounties to lock me up. They seem to take a dim view of handguns and I was never able to meet any of them with much of a sense of humor. Keep shooting that Sharps!
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

AMIGO ! Learn to speak Spanish and then just walk across the border like everone else does ! JAGG
JAGG