1863 Military Rifle?

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
Josh A.

1863 Military Rifle?

Post by Josh A. »

Does anyone have a 1863 Military Rifle for sale? I am interested in hunting with one.

If so, email me at amerinemech @ taylortel.net (remove spaces)

Thanks,

Josh
No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: “The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!”

I hadn’t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Shiloh has some, give them a call. ha ha ha ha ha........... :D Just joshing you Josh, maybe if you get one of them '63's you'll loan me your 50-70??
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Josh A.

Post by Josh A. »

Ken, I called today and they don't have any ready to ship. I was wanting one right now. I don't have a Shiloh in 50-70, I do have a 45-100, a 40-70ss and another 40-70ss on the way.

The 1863 is really interesting.

Josh
No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: “The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!”

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
gmartin

Post by gmartin »

Josh,
Good luck, I never thought of being so straight forward about it. Hope it works for you. My .54 carbine did well on black bear at one time. You would have a ball.
Best, Gregg
Josh A.

1863's

Post by Josh A. »

Thanks all for the replies. I have got a Farmingdale carbine and a Big Timber military rifle on the way. Looking forward to shaking them out.

Take care,

J

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Josh,
I'm truly happy for you, obtaining a carbine and a rifle, trust you didn't mortgage your house. Lots of help here on this sote regarding everything '63, an accomplished BPCR shooter as you will find the similarities striking and the differences fascinating.
Good for you, Gregg
Josh A.

Post by Josh A. »

Thanks Gregg:
Seems like these Shilohs are just folowing me home. Many more and I am going to have one of the gun vaults dedicated for them. I am going to shake out one of these 1863's and use it for a muzzleloader in Colo. for the mule deer tag I drew. I got it all figgered out.

You know though, I would rather shoot one of those Shiloh's than all the rest of them rifles I've got put together. I just got a Nesika Bay actioned 6.5-06 from my gunsmith that he had for a solid year. I've probably shot it 30 times. Some of the groups have been in the .20 range. I still grab my 40-70ss Shiloh instead of the 6.5-06 when something needs killed.

You gotta stay away from Shilohs, they come in herds.

J

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
gmartin

Post by gmartin »

I know what you mean about Shiloh's, even if I just own one old loved Farmingdale carbine. Meant to say earlier, .20 is smaller than your bullet, fine shooting, very fine.
Best, Gregg