Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
- Posts: 287
- Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:20 pm
- Location: Amador Co., California
Will the Cabelas Musket Nipple Wrench fit the Shiloh Sharps 1863?
SHILOH 74 #1 SPORTER
SHILOH 63 CARBINE
SHILOH SHARPS RIFLE CLUB
TRUE SPORTSMAN CLUB
- Posts: 256
- Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 6:44 pm
- Location: Soviet state of New Jersey
You can probably call Cabela's, or Shiloh and they will be able to help you.
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:20 am
- Location: Florida
Here's how I got the stubborn nipple out of my original 1863: I slipped a 5mm 1/4" drive socket over the nipple, square drive hole first. then I inserted a 3/8" drive 5mm allen socket into the 5mm 1/4" drive socket, and got er loose with a 3/8" drive wrench. Worked like a champ.
Montana Roughrider .45-70
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:46 pm
Track of the Wolf has a decent wrench, may have to be trimmed a little to fit the nipple. They have nipples also.