What do you get with your 1863?

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
newshooter

What do you get with your 1863?

Post by newshooter »

Someday I'd like to get a Sharps or two, even a '63 if I've got the funds, what do you get with the rifle when you purchase one? I understand that it shoots a paper cartridge, I'm not opposed to that but I'd want some pretty good information to be supplied to help me out in loading up. I would hope that loading a paper cartridge isn't all that complicated, from what I've read paper patching bullets for the '74 can be a complicated process.
bwbayless

Post by bwbayless »

Newshooter,

I can send you a copy of the loading information C. Sharps/Shiloh used to ship with the '63 in the early days if you would like. Drop me an e-mail.

b1bayles@trinex.net

Bob
newshooter

Post by newshooter »

[quote="bwbayless"]Newshooter,

I can send you a copy of the loading information C. Sharps/Shiloh used to ship with the '63 in the early days if you would like. Drop me an e-mail.

b1bayles@trinex.net

Bob[/quote]
Thanks for the offer but I guess what I should've said was what sort of information/ accessories does the rifle come with. I may never actually get around to buying one but I wanted to know what they come with if I did decide to buy one.
gmartin

Post by gmartin »

Newshooter,
My '63 carbine, sn. 1271 was bought in in 1978. It came with a Buffalo Bullet mould, a wadcutter type bullet supplied until...? Also a Shiloh marked bullet starter. No paper cartridge instructions.
That is the way to go in my opinion, I've done it all ways but muzzle loading, and this enables quick shots, uniformity in powder, lube and bullet, and my best accuracy. Plus I enjoy making the things.
See Terry Behm's article you may down load earlier in this site. His method is basically the one I use no mater the bullet, from flat based designs to ring tailed also.
What accompanies a rifle now? I couldn't tell you.
Hope you decide though to purchase one!
Best, Gregg
mrrangerman

Post by mrrangerman »

newshooter

I got my 63 three band about 3-4 months ago, it was shipped in a hard case and had a owners manual. I bought a mould from Steve Brooks.

Good Shootin
Dan