Shiloh Robinson Confederate Carbine

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
Light Horse

Shiloh Robinson Confederate Carbine

Post by Light Horse »

Hello List,

A newbie here and this is my first post; I've really enjoyed persuing this site.

I just got my hands on a pristine Shiloh Robinson Confederate carbine and was wondering if anyone can give me more info on the rifle. I'm interested in when this series was made by Shiloh and also what these are selling for nowadays.

Any info would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Ridgely Davis
Rich Siegel

Post by Rich Siegel »

Ridgely,

The carbines were made when Wolfgang had the company. Look back throuth the support archives and you will see that I asked Kirk if he would make more. Answer, No.

Some of them have been offered for sale around the N-SSA for the $1800 range but I don't think there were any takers. $1500 is more reasonable.

Pedersoli just started making them also.

Rich
Light Horse

Post by Light Horse »

Rich,

Thanks very much for your reply. Looks like I've got a rare carbine since Shiloh isn't interested in making anymore. I do have a '59 Pedersoli carbine but the action and quality can't compare to the Shiloh; I'm very happy to have found this Robinson. I'm looking forward to sending some rounds down range in the next couple of weeks!

If anyone else has info on or shooting expeiences with the Shiloh Robinson please pass them on.

Thanks again Rich and best regards,
Ridgely
Curt Haakenson

Post by Curt Haakenson »

Light Horse, Rich and Kirk,

I have also acquired a Robinson carbine. Oddly, it does not have Shilo stamped on it anywhere, nor Farmingdale, nor Big Timber but it is oviously as Shilo as my models 63 and 74. I have heard that none of the Robinsons had the company name on them. Can anyone verify this? And Kirk states in another thread that he recalls hearing that only about 30 where produced. I've heard it was as high as several hundred. Can anyone shed further light on production dates, quantities or markings of the Robinson?