Did I hurt it?

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

deerhuntsheatmeup

Did I hurt it?

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Last night while wiping down my '74, I had the block opened and the hammer cocked to wipe behind the hammer at the rested position. I bumped into the back of the back trigger and the hammer fell. Have I hurt my gun? It seems to be OK, but, it also seems to have a double click at the half-cocked position that I am not sure was/was not there before. Thanks, David Barfield
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Good morning David, We have all done this, you didn't hurt anything. You are just more tuned in to the sound of things now. What you are hearing is the fly getting kicked out of the way in order for the sear to go into half cock. These guns are awful tough, and pretty hard to hurt. Every now and again we will have a part fail, but I haven't seen a man made product yet that don't have a problem now and then. Keep it clean and have fun shooting, see ya later, Thanks Kirk
deerhuntsheatmeup

Whewwwwww.....

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Man, am I glad. I would hate to have to ship this rifle back just as I have got a grip on shootin' it! Thanks for the quick response, Kirk. Anyhow, i sure am enjoying the rifle. It is the bomb! Look for a PM Kirk, I need something. Later, David Barfield