THE LIST

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

archdlx

THE LIST

Post by archdlx »

Kirk,
How long is the waiting period now? I am kinda hoping that our dollar reaches 80 cents U.S. so that I can save a few bucks. But if the waiting period is too long, I'll order tomorrow!! Thanks, LeRoy.
Mike Hansen

Re: THE LIST

Post by Mike Hansen »

[quote="archdlx"]Kirk,
How long is the waiting period now? I am kinda hoping that our dollar reaches 80 cents U.S. so that I can save a few bucks. But if the waiting period is too long, I'll order tomorrow!! Thanks, LeRoy.[/quote]

I ordered an 1874 carbine in early September and two weeks ago received the letter saying the production lot containing my rifle is going into production within a month. Delivery is estimated for May or June.

I assume this is typical of delivery schedules.
from Shiloh:
1874 "Military Carbine" (7 1/2 lb, 22" bbl) in .45-70
1874 "Sporter #1" (25 lb, 34" bbl) in .45-70, rechambered to .45-110
Doug in Amesville

Post by Doug in Amesville »

That doesn't make sense.

I placed my order in March 2003 and it's finally going into production with a hope to be completed in March 2004. 12 months...

Doug
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi Leroy, the waiting period is around 10 months for a custom order rifle. I do how ever have some stock guns on the rack for immediate sale, they are all basic rifles with maybe 1 or 2 upgrades. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Kirk
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi Doug, I'm not sure what you ordered, but don't panic. Mike ordered a carbine, we are in the process of doing the carbines. There are fellas that have waited possibly a year for their carbine, mike is getting thrown in with this run. We say 10 - 12 months so people have an idea, it is not cut in stone. The guns are run in batches according to barrel configuration. I am also doing the heavy guns, 14 & 16 pounders, there are guys that have waited a year, and their are guys that will have waited only 2 months. I hope this helps clear this up before we have a run away thread. You are welcome to call me anytime. Thanks Kirk
archdlx

Post by archdlx »

Kirk,
I was hoping you would say only 10-12 mos.! I WILL be ordering my SHILOH on friday,(monthly safety meeting tomorrow), then I'm off for four days. I hope that I can get it by our Nov hunting season, but if not, oh well, I'll have fun chasing yodell puppies around! Thanks for your reply, LeRoy.
Trapdoor_Billy

Post by Trapdoor_Billy »

[quote="Kirk"]Hi Doug, I'm not sure what you ordered, but don't panic. Mike ordered a carbine, we are in the process of doing the carbines. There are fellas that have waited possibly a year for their carbine, mike is getting thrown in with this run. . . . . . [/quote]

Do you know if min is in that bunch?

Ordered in Dec of 2002.
Trapdoor Billy
Indian Scout and Delaware Cowboy
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Good morning, this might be tough for me, I don't recall seeing a Trapdoor billy in the orders, think I need a little more information, like a real name. You need to e-mail lucinda@shilohrifle.com with this information and she can better help you. Thanks Kirk
Doug in Amesville

Post by Doug in Amesville »

Mine was a #3 with a heavy barrel. Should have went to the floor this week.

Yea I see now that rifles are put in lots based on barrel type and length? Ordered in March '03. Should have in by March--I hope!

Thanks,

Doug
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Kirk:

Do you have a rough schedule when certain types of gun are going to be manufactured?

For those of us wanting to order several, if we knew what was being made we could order accordingly. (ie. Heavy Barrels are being made now)

We get the guns quicker, and you get a sale faster.

Would that work?

Thanks,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Trapdoor_Billy

Post by Trapdoor_Billy »

[quote="Kirk"]Good morning, this might be tough for me, I don't recall seeing a Trapdoor billy in the orders, think I need a little more information, like a real name. You need to e-mail lucinda@shilohrifle.com with this information and she can better help you. Thanks Kirk[/quote]

:) Understood.
Trapdoor Billy
Trapdoor_Billy

Post by Trapdoor_Billy »

Kirk,

Looks like it will be started this month. Order #810.
Trapdoor Billy