Keith Article

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
Todd Birch

Keith Article

Post by Todd Birch »

On one of the other pages of the forum, someone mentioned a 1959 article from "Guns" magazine by Elmer Keith on Sharps rifles.

I tried to open it, but being on dial-up, my 'puter froze and I had to reboot.

I remember that article, and I think one he did on shooting the slant breech percussion models. Am I correct in this or merely indulging in a "wish it was that way" 'memory'?
"From birth to the packing house, we travel between the two eternities ....." Robert Duvall in "Broken Trail"
Jay Yuskaitis

Elmer Kieth

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Hi Todd,
Don't recall that Kieth article, but, then again, don't remember a lot of things other than those I was taken over the coals. Lost quite a few early (in my shooting career ?) magazines in a local flood. Do have an article from Guns & Ammo from August, 1960, entitled "The Sharps Buffalo Rifle, ONE SHOT KILLER" also a Guns & Ammo January 1964 article by Kieth titled "Long Live The Single Shot". I know there are many on this site that will have what you are looking for. Only problem is, many don't check this site out daily as we do. Good Luck.
Jay Y.
Jay Yuskaitis

Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

BEWARE "THE IDES OF MARCH"
How could I forget? Jay Y.
Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Thanks John Boy,
Great article really appreciated, the internet is great, too bad I don't know how to utilize it to its full capability! Thanks again.
Jay Yuskaitis