Finally Bought A Scope

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

sackett

Finally Bought A Scope

Post by sackett »

Great to have a computer link again to see over the Shiloh site. My old Earthlink connection got so slow, it wasn't worth the time to open up on this site. It would take 2-3 minutes to load someone's topic. Amazing when I changed providers, the time went to only seconds again to load a page. Went back and tried earthlink again, and the same thing too slow. Anyways sorry about my ramblings about my computer. Just happy to be able to come back to the Shiloh site.....

Well, it took a month of debating to myself, but I finally decided to buy an RHO scope for my Hartford model 45-110. Would like to see Kenny's MVA on his 45-110; but to me, the shorter, non-full length scope doesn't seem quite right. I have heard and read from some who say to get the MVA mounts because they are a better adjusting mount, but for now, I will stick with the RHO set-up. I figured that the mounts can't be all that bad, and I will for the most part, shooting only 200 yards, maybe 300. So I am not concerned with doing a lot of adjustments in a short period of time, such as in a match. I also found the Buffalo Arms was cheaper than buying from RHO directly, which made me very happy, which is the reason I bought the scope now and not in the Spring. I called BA to order brass and ask about the scope. I talked to Skip, and wind up buying the scope and never ordering the brass. I hate it when I do that....

Sackett