brokers

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

obfmcb

brokers

Post by obfmcb »

Has anyone used a broker (i.e. Goodman) to place an order for a Shiloh or do you just go straight through Shiloh? Advantages/disadvantages? Thanks.
deerhuntsheatmeup

OK, This is the deal...

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Experience talking here, if you buy from Shiloh, you will miss the opportunity to deal with the most helpful group of gals you ever had the pleasure of. I have heard nothing but good things from people that have dealt with Bill Goodman, no complaints at all. I made changes throughout the 7 month 25 day wait, with nothing but the best service and response from the people at Shiloh. FYI, David Barfield
mrrangerman

Post by mrrangerman »

obfmcb

Hi. I went through a gun dealer for my shiloh, (did'nt know i could go right to shiloh) he got my order wrong, waited 5yrs to get my gun and it had the wrong barrel. I called and talked to Kirk, he had me send the gun back and started me a new one right away. It took another 6 months to get my gun back, but was worth every minute of the wait. IMHO "GO THROUGH SHILOH". I also had to pay 10% on top to the gun dealer.
deerhuntsheatmeup

correction...

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

I meant to say "if you DON'T buy from Shiloh" Sorry
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Another vote for going directly to Shiloh. You will be dealing with the greatest bunch of people in the world. Everyone there is extremely nice, helpful and knowledgeable. The will be no mistakes. So deal directly with Shiloh or you will miss out on the pleasure of one of the very best buying experiences of your life.
Lee Stone
Rickd

Post by Rickd »

The only advantage might be wait time. If a broker like Goodman or Ben Amonette have a production slot that is ready to go you might not have to wait 8-12 months for a custom rifle. But I would definitely confirm what the broker tells you with Lucinda and Kirk at Shiloh. Otherwise, there is no advantage when you can deal directly with the fine people at shiloh. Another thing you want to check with Shiloh .. is the inventory of finished rifles they have for sale. They always produce a certain quantity of rifles that people buy right out of their showroom in Big Timber at the factory. They might have just what you want. Good Luck.
dozer

Post by dozer »

I'll tell you in 6 months. I ordered a rifle through Bill Goodman last week in the hopes of having it to shoot at the Q this year.

I talked to him on the special order and knew exactly what I wanted. I then mailed him a down payment with an order as we had discussed, written up. It's in writing, we both have copies, and I'm not expecting anything except what I ordered.
Doz
obfmcb

Post by obfmcb »

Dozer,

If you don't mind my asking, what is your order number? I have also placed a custom order with Bill - I have #17722. I hope to have mine in time for antelope and muleys this fall.

obfmcb
dozer

Post by dozer »

I tried going direct but they did not have a stock rifle close to what I wanted. I did not want an Xmas present.

obfmcb, my number is within a couple of yours. I hope to shoot it at the Q, but if not, I should have it for some summer matches. It is a rather plain rifle with few options which "might" make it go through the line faster.
Doz