lee classic cast press

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

wolfie

lee classic cast press

Post by wolfie »

any one tryed one of these presses yet :?: they look pretty good and look like they will easly handle all the long cases.but the price seems to good to be true about 60 something bucks can it be any good :?
B.J. Spalding
"I came I saw and I forgot why I am here."
SHILOH#1
wolfy

Post by wolfy »

I was here before you were as the one and only wolfy....those who have met me KNOW!.....Just kiddin'! The Lee Press was made to quiet all of the "alumininum can recyclers" gripes about the Lee junk. I know one of the guys who had a hand in the design of the press. It is made from recycled RR rails....no Sh@t!!! A really great gunsmith friend of mine has all of the toys and declares this one the best of the best. It's a winner according to him and I believe what he tells me....The only thing I regret is having to drill more holes in my bench for the new one!

THE wolfy
Pathfinder

Post by Pathfinder »

Wolfie, FWIW, thats all I use (and their hand tool for decapping in the field), also their dies. Their 500gr Sil. bullet mold seems to be my most accurate in my RB & Sharps (Pedersolis) @ 200yds so far. Pathfinder
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I've used a lot of Lee stuff and still like it, it works just fine for a lot less money. The only complaint I have with them is that they don't make a shellholder for .43 spanish, and their hand primer uses a special shell holder. Other than that I use a lot of Lee stuff.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
mrrangerman

Post by mrrangerman »

ken

Hi, I just bought a set of 43 spanish Lee dies and it comes with the shell holder. I think you can also use an rcbs #5 I belieave as a substatute which is for the 348 win. You may give buffalo-arms a call and see if you can get just the Lee shell holder by its self.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

I bought an RCBS Rockchucker Classic after I looked at the Lee.

The only thing wrong with the .43 Spanish dies Lee sells is that you have to cut off the upper end to allow you to form basic brass to fit the 2.56" chamber length (at least that's what my chamber casts).

Clarence
mrrangerman

Post by mrrangerman »

ken

The number on the Lee shell holder for 43 span. is #17