Levi's 63' percusion whitetail

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Levi Bryan

Post by Levi Bryan »

Hello everybody I am Levi Bryan, Kirk Bryan's oldest son. I am sorry for not writing my story sooner, my dad just showed me how to use the forum.Well heres how it goes.......It was my dad, grandpa, Randy, and I. My grandpa and I were shooting 1863 perccusion model Sharps. My dad had Whisper, and Randy had a 45-70, we were all shooting blackpowder. The night before I stayed up a little late and my dad was thinking that I would be tired, but I proved him wrong. I was up at 5:00am and had coffee made at 5:30, about the time he woke up. I was so excited, I had all of my stuff on and ready to go. We all met at my house and headed out to the American Fork Ranch. When we got there my grandpa and I went on one side of the river and Randy and my dad on the other side. We walked for a while and then heard some shots, we got on our hands and knees thinking the deer were on the way, well we had no luck. When we got to the truck Randy said he got one. On our way to get his deer my dad got one with Whisper.On our way out of the ranch we spotted some deer, my dad and I got out to put the sneek on them, when we got about 170 yards away I set my buckhorn site, and shot. The deer walked about 10 feet and fell. We went to see it and when we got there my dad laughed cause mine was the bigest of all of them.

Best Regards: Levi Bryan
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Great hunting tale Levi, Thanks for sharing it with all of us. My younger brother got his first deer in nearly the same way only he wasn't using BP, but an 1891 Argentine Mauser. Nice going. Randy
Randy Ruwe
fjjensen

Post by fjjensen »

Well Done Levi!
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Levi,
With your excellent shooting at Raton, I would have no doubt of you connecting with a deer at a MERE 170yds. Congrats......Jim Kidwell
Bearbait2

Post by Bearbait2 »

Congradulations! Thanks for sharing.
Shoot Straight (As you most certainly do!!!!)
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

aint life grand
hunting with grand pa and dad in mont and with a sharps and success all in one day congratulations
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
pete

Post by pete »

Good story. Cool to do it with a percussion too.
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Great job Levi!

Your story reminds me of myself when I was young. I used to get more excited about hunting than I did Christmas! I was always the first one up in the morning and the last one who wanted to go home. Congratulations on a nice buck.

I will look forward to reading more of your hunting and shooting adventures in the future.
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
Sgt

Post by Sgt »

Levi,

Great job! Cherish hunting with your father and grandfather...

These are memories that you'll have a lifetime...
RMulhern

Levi's deer

Post by RMulhern »

Levi

Great story! Send some more!

REMEMBER

When you're older....take a kid hunting....and you won't have to wonder...where's my child!!