New From GOEX!

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TYRVR

New From GOEX!

Post by TYRVR »

Over on the GOEX site I seen where the folks at GOEX are producing a powder geared to Cowboy Action shooters, it is supposed to be clean and designed to work in smaller case Cap, catridges, might just be what some of the guys that shoot them rifles with the itty-bitty holes in the barrel can make use of.
Ol'Tye,
Member #3, of the "Brought Enough Gun Club"
rdnck

Goex Cowboy powder

Post by rdnck »

TYRVR--The Goex Cowboy powder is intended for use in cartridges with a case capacity of 40 grains or less. It gives a very clean burn and fine accuracy in pistol cartridges. It is a powder tailored for a specific application and will be a big help to the guys that shoot revolvers and the lever guns chambered for pistol cartridges in the Cowboy Action game.

In larger capacity cases, such as a 45-70, Goex 2f and Cartridge give better results and are more accurate. Shoot straight, rdnck.
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

All right what is this stuff made out of etc. ? People keep coming up with these new powders that do more damage to steel then BP does if left uncleaned ! JAGG
JAGG
TYRVR

Cowboy Powder:

Post by TYRVR »

RDNCK: I know GOEX ain't gonna approve, but.........I already have visions of duplexing my big old 50 with some of that Cowboy under the CTg. or 2Fg. makes me quiver just anticipating having something new in the way of powder to play with while waiting for the first match of the season!

Ol'Tye,
rdnck

Goex Cowboy powder

Post by rdnck »

JAGG--Just so the rumors don't get started: THIS IS BLACK POWDER!!! The real stuff!!! It is NOT a black powder substitute.

TYRVR--You're wasting your time and money and barking up the wrong tree. Use it for what it was intended, and it will work. Remember that I said that, and don't gripe and complain when you try it in your big 50 and duplex with it and you don't get the result you are looking for.

Trying to keep you guys shooting straight, rdnck.
TYRVR

HUMPH!

Post by TYRVR »

Well Mr.RDNCK, when I win every match I attend this year with perfect scores using my SECRET Cowboy/ Ctg./ 2Fg. load that was de-veloped by my scientific methods involving the use of a spoon and a bathroom plunger .....You'll change your tune and come beggin!......."Please Tye, let me in on YOUR magical loading secrets so I too can shoot perfect scores"......and of course.....I will, because besides being a expert on custom powder blending......I'm generous to a fault!

Ol'Tye,
Smokin

Shared secrets

Post by Smokin »

Dear Ol'Tye,

Man, I think you are on to something big! A little Cowboy Magic kicking some Buffalo Mojo in the proverbial south end. I can see it now, super- sonic velocities and sub-minute groups as far out as the eye can see. Doubtless as far out as even the optically enhanced eye can see. You've just got to share that loading secret with us brothers in arms. Why with this edge, we could go to Wyoming to show the plain shooters what the frozen tundra has bequested the blackpowder brotherhood. I can see now another headline, "the frozen tundra has come to Raton and Raton is in awe." "X...X...X...Lodi is humbled by the mysteries of Cowboy Magic." "Silhouettes fall before triggers are squeezed; have they have given up knowing the surety of the Cowboy Magic shot?"

Ok, now how are we going to load these things? Your friend, Walter Mitty
Smokin

Member in tall standing of the Frozen Tundra Chapter, Flat Earth Society.
TYRVR

ANOTHER VISIONARY!

Post by TYRVR »

Smokin, I am so glad to see that I am not alone in my quest for "THE ULTIMATE" load, I am almost positive this new offering from GOEX is the key to developing my "ever-straight non-drop" series of loads for all rifles, I hope to de-velop a load that shoots so flat and true that theoretically, any missed shots from aiming error could be corrected, you could fire the catridge, open the breech, blow tube the barrel, make a sight correction and patiently wait until that bullet went around the globe and having flown true, go in the open breech, up the tube and hit the target PLUM! ( my figures show that for this to work, a position shift of 4 inches may be required in the Rocky Mountain states to allow for temperature fluctuation,)

Ol'Tye,
Parley Baer

Post by Parley Baer »

Teh new Cowboy powder is good for cartridges that hold 40 grains or less powder. I would assume that would include the .32-40?? Does this powder need to be compressed very much??? Parley
SHILOH 4
I'am that man, Matt Dillon, United States Marshall, the first man they look for and the last they want to meet.
TYRVR

40 Grains or less,

Post by TYRVR »

Parley, I just read about this new offering on the Cowboy Action Shooting page over at GOEX, I have yet to see any of the powder but am anxious to try some, you might go over there or maybe the RDNCK will see this and supply some answers, I like the idea of having a powder devoted to small rifle and bigbore pistols, especially if as RDNCK says, it burns clean, I love shooting BP cap and ball pistols, I would think the same powder would work well in small calibre muzzle loading rifles too, if I hear anymore on this, I will post here,

Ol'Tye,
rdnck

Goex Cowboy powder

Post by rdnck »

Parley--Check with Black Dawge Cartridge Co. Billy Boots just won the SASS Winter Range event shooting 38 Special and 12 ga. using Black Dawge ammo in the FCD class. Black Dawge loads the new Goex Cowboy black powder in their cartridges. There is more about this on the SASS Wire. Shoot straight, rdnck.
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

rdnck ! If it is just BP then what is the big deal ! What is the grain size ? Between 4fg and 3fg ? What would make this powder burn cleaner then other Goex BP's ? JAGG
JAGG
VAshooter

Post by VAshooter »

Tye,
I'm really looking forward to watching you shoot your super loads at the Roanoke range this summer. I bought me a rifle in 45 2.1 so I can shoot the matches. I don't want to get arrested for loitering while I hang out there.
Oh, can you make them bullets roll back down the hill so that you can recover your lead before you leave the line.
Freedom Isn't Free

Doug
ironramrod

Post by ironramrod »

Rdnck,

I liked your last line on a previous post, "trying to keep you guys shooting straight." I like your style, and I agree that if it ain't broke why are we trying to fix it?

Keep up the good work, good shooting, good posts and the good thinking!

Regards
TYRVR

"Roll back down the hill".......

Post by TYRVR »

Doug......you are durn sneaky! I was about to go off into the trance that I use to come up with my bestest plans, after I read your post about them big old bullets rolling back down that hill over at RR&RC but this ol" beaver ain't so easy caught! ............you was thinkin' I would jump onto that idea and run with it, but I am too slick for you! .......them bullets CAN"T ROLL BACK........ they ain't nothing but lead dust after I HITS THEM 40 STRAIGHT animals with my big ol' 50!

Yes Sir, that Doug is slick! .....I'm gonna be watching you!

Ol'Tye.......smarter than he looks????