Sights/Scope Problem

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

sackett

Sights/Scope Problem

Post by sackett »

I have a hard to describe problem with my Hartford Model, in regards to the sights and/or scope. When I bought the rifle, I had Shiloh install the MVA sights, and everything looked fine and centered. When I shot the rifle however, I found that it was always hitting to the right, so I had to adjust the sights over, as if there was a lot of wind or they (sights) were not properly centered onto the barrel. Then I replace the sights with a RHO scope and run into the same problem. The mounts are dead nuts equal, when measured from the end of the mount to the edge of the barrel. When both bore sighted as well as shot, the gun would always shoot to the right. The mount had to be adjusted (moved over) around a .10" to be on zero with the target. I realize that a little bit off is fine, but to be a tenth off seems a little extreme in both with factory installed sights and a home installed scope. Is this normal or any idea what could cause this?

Thanks...Sackett
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Good morning, all I can say is send me the gun back so I can look at it. A tenth of an inch is almost an eighth of an inch, which means the sight must be about ready to fall out or it is shooting approx. 20 inches to the right at 200 yards! Hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks Kirk