Serial numbers

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

single shot 1

Serial numbers

Post by single shot 1 »

Kirk,
I know this may be a little early to inquire, but will it be possible to get the borchardts with the same serial number as a 1874? Or will the follow in order with the 74's? Thanks.

Dave Norman :roll:
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

I am sorry, but that would be almost impossible to keep track of. I haven't really given much thought on how they will be numbered. Thanks Kirk
Parley Baer

Post by Parley Baer »

Hey Kirk. That is easy. :D Just start with B1 and go up from there. The B can stand for Bryan or Borchardt or both. :) Hmmmm. Maybe BB1 for Bryan Borchardt. If I remember correctly the original Sharps company started with number 1 on the Borchardt and went on up. Parley
SHILOH 4
I'am that man, Matt Dillon, United States Marshall, the first man they look for and the last they want to meet.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Parley,

That wont work too well as the first 10,000 Bryan Shiloh's all had the BXXXX serial #. Which I own Several of. And my next rifle will be 1311B as I understand.

Now of course the serial # is XXXXB

However I have a suggestion:

BM
XXXX

Top line to stand for Borchardt Model the second line for the Serial #. Its just an Idea? :wink:

I am sure Kirk will come up with a rather nifty way to # our Borchardts.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

OK Kirk,
let's have a contest. the best suggestion for numbering gets the 2nd Borchardt. The first of course goes in your archives. My suggestion PCSSSBNRAL#XXXX
(stands for PERIOD CORRECT SINGLESHOT SHOULD BE NRA LEGAL)
Trigger Dr :lol: :lol: :lol:
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Trigger:

If enough people have or buy Borchardts, I wonder if the NRA, at the very least, would have a Class for them?

Kirk:

I received a letter from Shiloh reminding me I had an outstanding rifle order deposit that didn't have a rifle discription yet. I am saving this one for one of the first Borchardts you make next year. I figured I would get inline early for a place, and start saving my penny's. :-)

I sent an email last year requesting a place in line for the "New" rifle.

Maybe there can be a special serial number designation for the first few rifles?

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"