WYOMING DRAW LIST UP NOW

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Stephen Borud

Re: WYOMING DRAW LIST UP NOW

Post by Stephen Borud »

Yea Don that's right. He calls it a smoke pole, everytime he says that I wanna puke, of course he knows that that's why he says it. :lol: I might talk him into laying a goat down with the 50, it only takes once and your hooked.

Stephen
Kodiak

Post by Kodiak »

Oh, I'll bring that new 45/70 Shiloh for sure. But that ol' 45/90 roller is still well and ready! Got to work-up a hunting-bullet load for the '70, though. I cast some in 40:1 recently, and need to get on paper with them, if it EVER stops rainin'.

Jim
I don't always shoot well, but when I do there isn't any reason.
alans49

Post by alans49 »

I drew and elk tag for Unit 32. I plan on bow hunting in September and using my 50-90 for the gun hunt if it gets here on time, otherwise I will be shooting my 45-70 with paper patch bullets. Never been there any help from you that have would be appreciated!

Alan :mrgreen:
Alan in WI
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:?: What in the world possessed you to put in for that area?
Anyway the north end of it is typical Red Desert country, big rolling hills,some juniper stands, lots of sage and greasewood, and not much water. Further to the south you'll find some spots of quakie ,juniper, and pine timber on the hillsides,some chokecherry,buffalo berry and sand cherry thickets, some springs and small creeks, lots of sagebrush and greasewood..
Take a good set of optics, and be prepared to do alot of glassing.
Lots of activity in that area, so the critters stay fairly well wound up. I wouldn't put a lot of faith in stickin anything with an arrow, other than a cottontail...
Good luck and have fun.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?