"Bouching" defined

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
Todd Birch

"Bouching" defined

Post by Todd Birch »

Gentlemen

I believe that the historic spelling "bouching" evolved into the modern "bushing"; a collar or sleeve in common parlance.

My thesaurus and 10 pound dictionary can't verify this, but it seems logical.

Todd
"From birth to the packing house, we travel between the two eternities ....." Robert Duvall in "Broken Trail"
gmartin

"Bouching" or "bushing"

Post by gmartin »

I vote for "bouching" thanks. Gregg
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

And I think I've noticed that Todd also spells colour correctly. And very likely knows to spell cheque correctly.

Not that this inane babbling has the least to do with shooting. :roll:
Lee Stone
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Just to be clear, I was refering to MY inane babbling. Darn, I wish we could edit these things.

Lucinda................help! :(
Lee Stone
Todd Birch

.....inane babbling.....

Post by Todd Birch »

My Dear Chap

This "inane babbling" has everything to do with shooting......

If one cannot define what one is speaking of, then how can we solve our mutual problems?

I mean really...."whatever would the Queen think?"......

Todd

"Americans and Canadians - two similar peoples separated by a common language." Winston Churchill
"From birth to the packing house, we travel between the two eternities ....." Robert Duvall in "Broken Trail"
bwbayless

Post by bwbayless »

Down here in Oklahoma & Texas bouche means headspace, at least in the Indian Nations. BUT I certainly don't want to start anything with a subject of the Queen. Might have to have another tea party.

Bob
Todd Birch

....bouche defined.....

Post by Todd Birch »

My Dear Sir

North of the 49th, in the bi-lingual Dominion of Her Royal Britannic Majesty, the French word "bouche" means "mouth", as in "fermez la bouche."

I dare say you don't have many Cajuns (Americanized Acadians) in Oklahoma. We have some to spare should you like a few.

Dashed difficult to understand, but they make a creditable tortiere and fabulous sucre d'erable (maple syrup) for your crepes.

Tea, I say, by all means. Earl Grey would be pukkha!

Just raggin' on ya, Bob. I'm the arch-typical Canuck with Brit heritage on my Dad's side and Canadienne on ma mere's. When push comes to shove, I get to fire on both!

Todd

"If a bull frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass so much." John McCabe
bwbayless

Post by bwbayless »

Todd,

Now you've done it! Not sure I understood all you said but I got the impression that you ain't from around here, er ye? I'll have you know Louisiana hot sauce works jist fine on our tacos! Whilst the Queen's english may take a beating most folks unnerstand one another. Down here in the South, boy that's an easy word to say, we try to get along with folks most of the time regardless of how they talk.

Thanks for the kind offer of a few Cajuns but the folks in Louisiana probably don't want their gene pool changed. Nice folks when you stay on their good side. Met several when I was in the Corps. Don't think they need an injection from the North, not so easy to say.

When I retired, in Texas, and was asked what I was going to do I said move to Oklahoma. Someone said that will raise the IQ of both states. Not real sure, and I've thought about it, but I'm thinking I was insulted. Have to ponder that some more.

Bob

If you ain't living on the edge you're taking up to much space.
Todd Birch

....the Queen's English, et al.....

Post by Todd Birch »

Hey Okie

Your right about the gene pool of the Cajuns being unpolluted. The Acadians were historically herded aboard ships (deported) by the British after the fall of Fort Louisburg (some of you herring chokers and Blue Noses feel free to jump in here....), the French bastion in North America.

They were unceremoniously dumped off your side of the line and evolved into today's Cajuns. A linguist would have a ball sorting out the links of their 1700's French to that of our Quebecois and Acadians. It is not the French spoken on the streets of Paris.

The only accent I've had a problem with was that of a soft spoken West Virginia lady. I think her vernacular was 'old world', untouched for many generations by outside influence, just like the Cajuns.

Bien, mon ami, travaille, toujours travaille! Back to the loading bench if I want to shoot on this beautiful day.

Todd

"Those willing to surrender freedom for security have neither". A Patriot
bwbayless

Post by bwbayless »

Welp, THAT does it! Whoops! I'm gonna try and mind my manners as my mama taught me. Seein' as how you live as fer above the MD line as you do there's a couple things you may not know. Once a Texian, always a Texian. The other being the latent (sometimes) animosity that exists between the Burnt Orange and the red. (Notice no capital in red.) While occasionally the red has a successful raid into Texas and sign enough players to have a respectable team, we don't call them, dare I say it...Okies. Just boys who had a small mental lapse that they will overcome when the chips are down. We like to think of it as foriegn aid.

My only excuse is I married one. We all have our crosses to bear. Since I spent almost 60 years in Texas I figgered I could allow her some time above the Red River. Since it is only about 25 miles to the bridge I can dash across and get a breath of fresh air to sustain me.

Windy here but otherwise nice. Just right for mowing which is what I'm doing. You lucky dog.

Bob
Todd Birch

....Texican ,Texian, which is right....?

Post by Todd Birch »

I gotta a lady friend I correspond with that's a "Yeller Rose". She's a might touchy on the subject as well.
She's fond of saying "All my heros are cowboys." I asked her why and she said because they made her feel like a woman.

In their hearts, I think all Texicans are with Travis, Crockett and Bowie at the Alamo. That's as it oughta be!

"The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You".

Ride tall - shoot straight!

Todd
PS: Mowin', huh? I took my .44 Vaqueros and '92 carbine to the range to prove some new loads. The lawn awaits.
Eat'cher heart out!
gmartin

Post by gmartin »

Fellas, Dudes, People,
"Go pok ya caa in da yad", when my Co. sent me to run Boston in '78, a beautiful weather woman spoke as such. I was flabergasted. So young, so much to learn.
My '63 has yet to be repaired and I'm having withdrawls. We get 22 weeks this year to irrigate, my yard can't wait this day another two weeks. Got to bite the bullet, ball, projectile, lead, etc. and do it.
Gregg (still like bouching)
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Greg,

To bad you can't move your yard down here. I guarantee it would get all the irrigation it could handle.
Lee Stone
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I guess even you 'ol boys up north (north of San Antonio) at least know how to spell calibre, eh!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . :lol:
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Jimilner4570

Post by Jimilner4570 »

Ken,
I spell "Calibre".,.,.... 45-70 2-1/10

Jim Milner