11 Days

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Stephen Borud

11 Days

Post by Stephen Borud »

Until my happy ass is heading west to hunt for deer,antelope, and elk. I can already taste the antelope loin wrapped in bacon. Good luck to all the Sharps shooters that go afield this year.

Stephen
bobw

Re: 11 Days

Post by bobw »

Good luck to you Stephen. bobw
bobw
pete

Post by pete »

It's good to know your ass is happy because you know what they say about if your ass isn't happy the rest isn't either. On the other hand maybe it's if your feet are cold the rest is too. :D Anyway it is exciting isn't it? Good luck on your trips but don't count your loin before it's in your hand..............mmm that didn't come out right. Well you know what I mean. :wink:
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

:idea:
pete wrote:It's good to know your ass is happy because you know what they say about if your ass isn't happy the rest isn't either. On the other hand maybe it's if your feet are cold the rest is too. :D Anyway it is exciting isn't it? Good luck on your trips but don't count your loin before it's in your hand..............mmm that didn't come out right. Well you know what I mean. :wink:
I got it Pete :lol: you sure have a way with words.

Stephen
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

If your ass is so happy then why is it's smile on sideways!

I'm here all week folks... :lol:
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
ole pizen slinger

Post by ole pizen slinger »

Good luck, Stephen! Looking forward to some good stories and pictures.
ole pizen slinger
Barry C Jolly

"I envy no man that knows more than myself and pity them that know less:" Sir T. Brown

"Everyone must sacrifice at the altar of stupidity from time to time" A. Einstein
Kodiak

Post by Kodiak »

Good luck to you, Stephen

My majic number is 24 days, for the Oct. 1st opener in eastern Wyoming. I will be there a few days before that though.

Jim
I don't always shoot well, but when I do there isn't any reason.
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Thanks OPS,Kodiak and the comedian :lol: . I hope we have good luck again this year.

Stephen
Brent

Post by Brent »

I leave in 20 days for WY. A lot earlier than originally planned, but plans are made to fall apart, so that is what we got when we rebuilt them.
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
pete

Post by pete »

It's Oct. 1st for me too. Yesterday I finally settled on my hunting load for the year........I think. Funny how one primer shoots great at 100 yds but the other is better at 200. Also had to go back to my old eye glass prescription. With the new one I could see distance and the front sight great but the rear sight was blurry. Now the target is not as clear but the front is clear and rear sight is clearer. Groups went from 5-6 inches with a lot of vertical at 200 yards to 2 1/2 - 3 1/4. These are for 3 shots and no blow tube. Now that I think I've got it figured I'm sure some will go hay wire. Someday I won't be a procrastinator. Maybe later. :roll: :)
Brent

Post by Brent »

My last year's loaded ammo won't shoot for a crap. I don't have many bullets left, and the gear to make them being boxed at my feet to shop to OPS right now. Gonna be tight.

I think our deer hunting will probably suck. But we will chase antelope and have a grand time doing it.

Put a malcomb scope on the .38-72. Might give that a whirl.
Brent
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Longbow for deer and elk. 50 sharps for antelope doe and the other antelope doe is going down with a .54 cal Jacob Dickert look a like flinter if I can get close enough.

Stephen
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:D Some of the most memorable antelope hunts I did were with my 54 flinter :shock: Those lil buggers seem to be able to out jump the flash in the pan. :) Goot luck and have fun Stephen. Looking forward to the pictures.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Don McDowell wrote::D Some of the most memorable antelope hunts I did were with my 54 flinter :shock: Those lil buggers seem to be able to out jump the flash in the pan. :) Goot luck and have fun Stephen. Looking forward to the pictures.
Thanks Don I have my work cut out for me. The sharps kill will be the easiest of all of them. The 54 is a virgin yet my dad brought it down for me last weekend to break it in.I tell you what I shot this flinter a month ago and it is the sweetest off hand rifle I have ever shot. The sights are low to the barrel and easy to see.

Stephen
pete

Post by pete »

Stephen;
What have figured is your maximum range hunting with your long bow?