11 Days

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Stephen Borud

Re: 11 Days

Post by Stephen Borud »

Pete I'm good to thirty yards. When I had more time I killed a few deer at forty yards spot and stalk but with less time to practice I ain't as good as I once was. All 8 elk that I have killed with a bow have been from 15 to 22 yards except one three years ago it was at 41 yards.

Stephen
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

stephen , I been waiting for my call , I know you need a cook ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what ever is the holdup????? :?: :?: :?: :wink:
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

[quote="powderburner", I know you need a cook ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what ever is the holdup????? :?: :?: :?: :wink:[/quote]

:P He probably figures he can open his own can of spam and sardines. :mrgreen:
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
pete

Post by pete »

Stephen;
30 - 40 yds. pretty good range for a long bow but still damn close. That's an impressive amount of elk and deer too especially with a bow. I've doe a fair amount of spot and stalk with assorted firearms but a bow would be especially tough. Good luck this fall.

Powderburner figures he can then heat up the sardines in the can for Stephen. He thinks that's good eating. :shock:
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Dean if I thought putting corn flakes in a bowl and dumping skim milk on it was cooking I would of called ya. :lol: No seriously I was waiting to build my new garage and getting some free plumbing done while you were here,kind of a twofer. :lol: Actually getting you,dad and Orville in camp at the same time would be a hoot for all of us. Something to think about for next year. A young fellow like myself can learn a lot from three old timers sitting around the camp fire at night and I am serious about that. Although Orville won't be allowed in camp without bringing a 5 lbs slab of North Dakota bacon and a couple bottles of Oban.

Stephen
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

pete wrote:Stephen;
30 - 40 yds. pretty good range for a long bow but still damn close. That's an impressive amount of elk and deer too especially with a bow. I've doe a fair amount of spot and stalk with assorted firearms but a bow would be especially tough. Good luck this fall.

Powderburner figures he can then heat up the sardines in the can for Stephen. He thinks that's good eating. :shock:
Pete my hunting partner and I have a bet each year who can call the elk in closer. So far he is winning. He just about always get them under 20 yards whether I shoot or not. 8) Sardines ahhhhh no thanks. I can do spam any which way you can cook it.

Stephen
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Stephen, I ever tell you about my elk chops wrapped in bacon,mushrooms and onion slices, with fried taters and white gravy? :mrgreen:
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Don McDowell wrote:Stephen, I ever tell you about my elk chops wrapped in bacon,mushrooms and onion slices, with fried taters and white gravy? :mrgreen:
Don, That sounds too delicious to even be legal!

Damn, I'm going to the fridge now....
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
Orville

Post by Orville »

The last trip

Charter Member O-G-A-N-T

Shooting grease groove bullets in a sharps is new technology and just a passing fad.
Brent

Post by Brent »

Do you always have a little venison with your bacon? :lol:
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Could tell ya about the ground meat stroganoff, but... it's early and more inline with pancakes, eggs with green,red and yellow peppers, antelope sausage and hashbrowns... :mrgreen:
bobw

Post by bobw »

Well shoot, skinny chambers and thick cut bacon, Orville you maybe from North Dakota but your values are rock solid gold and priorities an example to follow... Going to pickup some extra thick bacon tommorrow. I see a parallel here patched bullets and patched steaks yeah pretty damn obvious at that, one results into the other. :) bobw
bobw
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Don McDowell wrote:Stephen, I ever tell you about my elk chops wrapped in bacon,mushrooms and onion slices, with fried taters and white gravy? :mrgreen:
Don that sounds really good.

Stephen
pete

Post by pete »

The bacon steaks look good. The Flintstone toothpicks are a nice touch too. :wink:
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

pete wrote:The bacon steaks look good. The Flintstone toothpicks are a nice touch too. :wink:
Pete we carved the tooth picks out of cottonwood. Fred would be proud. Eight days to go.........

Stephen